Splasm Software Discussions

a user community for the betterment of Splasmkind
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:41 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Can You Hear Me Now?
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:10 pm 

To the Splasm Gods:
I may've just registered for the forums but I have used Checkbook Pro and its predecessor, Checkbook on and off since 2008. Hands down it is the best checkbook program I have ever used. But like SO many others I am equally frustrated at the fact that this is not yet a mobile app or have some sort of mobile integration. It is LONG overdue. Heck, I'd even be happy and switch back if I could simply look at my account balances! Between my iPhone and iPad 3 (The New iPad is a stupid name) I am sure to stay as close as I can to crucial information. The problem is I use Checkbook Pro diligently for an extended period of time and then get fed up with its lack of convenient portability and then spend money on other lesser applications. It's a cycle that adds up. The thing is, I always come back. But each time it's with more disdain for having had to switch applications and having spent more money. I've been following the posts on the forum regarding iPhone and iPad support for years and have been angered at a statement repeatedly made by Splasm saying that we aren't to wait around for a mobile app and to use a product from somewhere else if necessary. I know your software is great but really, do you not care about your loyal customers?! Considering how many people are clamoring for this and are willing to pay for it it seems like a crazy business move to essentially say that 'we hear you but we're busy doing other things.' I believe in the Apple method. Find the core things you're really good at and stick with it. That's to say, Checkbook Pro is a WONDERFUL product and arguably a cash cow type of program, please milk the cow. I've been using Splash Money (as it syncs the desktop and iPad/iPhone apps somewhat seamlessly). However, as there have been recent quirks and problems with syncing the data I am again contemplating going yet again back to Checkbook, albeit very frustratedly. Do you not hear our cries? Do you not hear our checkbooks opening to you, our willingness to even pay subscription fees?! Please, this is my most favorite application, period. I'm very OCD so I'm not exaggerating. I need checkbook on my mobile device!!!

Sincerely,
A Devoted Customer... (who would love to be apart of beta testing!)

Post subject: Re: Can You Hear Me Now?
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:36 pm 

I remember the good old days with Quicken on my Mac and PocketQuicken on my Palm. Worked seamlessly. Well, Quicken has gone the way of hoop skirts [IMO] and I am very thankful to have found CBPro and have used it for three years. I am one of those who would pay good money to have an iOS version and am a bit frustrated that one has not come out yet, but am patiently waiting. I'll not go to another desktop financial app, but I am using something else on my iPad and iPod that at least is able to export and import data so as to keep up with CBPro. But i'd really like to have the CBPro iOS app before I travel to the UK for the summer! :)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:12 pm 

Please... It's really time. Not even a beta?

I dumped my MBP because I didn't need it after I got an iPad2. Well, I didn't need it for much except CBP.

All we hear from Splasm these days is... crickets
Man up guys. Tell us what's really goin on so we can all get along with OUR lives.
:evil:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:04 pm 

davidson_23 wrote:
To the Splasm Gods:
I may've just registered for the forums but I have used Checkbook Pro and its predecessor, Checkbook on and off since 2008. Hands down it is the best checkbook program I have ever used. But like SO many others I am equally frustrated at the fact that this is not yet a mobile app or have some sort of mobile integration. It is LONG overdue. Heck, I'd even be happy and switch back if I could simply look at my account balances! Between my iPhone and iPad 3 (The New iPad is a stupid name) I am sure to stay as close as I can to crucial information. The problem is I use Checkbook Pro diligently for an extended period of time and then get fed up with its lack of convenient portability and then spend money on other lesser applications. It's a cycle that adds up. The thing is, I always come back. But each time it's with more disdain for having had to switch applications and having spent more money. I've been following the posts on the forum regarding iPhone and iPad support for years and have been angered at a statement repeatedly made by Splasm saying that we aren't to wait around for a mobile app and to use a product from somewhere else if necessary. I know your software is great but really, do you not care about your loyal customers?! Considering how many people are clamoring for this and are willing to pay for it it seems like a crazy business move to essentially say that 'we hear you but we're busy doing other things.' I believe in the Apple method. Find the core things you're really good at and stick with it. That's to say, Checkbook Pro is a WONDERFUL product and arguably a cash cow type of program, please milk the cow. I've been using Splash Money (as it syncs the desktop and iPad/iPhone apps somewhat seamlessly). However, as there have been recent quirks and problems with syncing the data I am again contemplating going yet again back to Checkbook, albeit very frustratedly. Do you not hear our cries? Do you not hear our checkbooks opening to you, our willingness to even pay subscription fees?! Please, this is my most favorite application, period. I'm very OCD so I'm not exaggerating. I need checkbook on my mobile device!!!

Sincerely,
A Devoted Customer... (who would love to be apart of beta testing!)

No, Davidson, they can't hear you. They couldn't care less.

Has anyone else figured this out yet? A mobile app ISN'T coming.

Best to move on. Eventually the support for Checkbook will dry up and they'll realize their mistake.