Splasm Software Discussions

a user community for the betterment of Splasmkind
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:22 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Track Names on Import
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:49 am 

I've got the most current version of Audiobook Builder but I've noticed it's not pulling track titles from iTunes/Gracenotes any longer. I used to import a CD and if the titles appeared in iTunes (that is, if iTunes pulled up the titles from Gracenotes and displayed them ready to import/play), Audiobook Builder seemed to pull those same titles. Now when I import into Audiobook Builder it doesn't use those titles, it just names tracks "1 Audio Track", "2 Audio Track", etc.

Under preferences, I have selected:
When adding Files use: "Title in File"

Also, I have chosen "individual files" on the import screen.

Thanks for a fantastically useful piece of software -- I've built over 300 audiobooks on Audiobook Builder! I use it (and my local library) daily!

~ Alicia

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:45 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

So, is iTunes still pulling up the correct track titles? What about if you open the CD in Finder, do you see the generic titles for the CD?

Whatever the case, try restarting your computer and then see if the issue persists.

http://www.splasm.com

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:58 am 

Yes, iTunes sees the correct titles (once it queries Gracenotes). Finder just sees generic titles (1 Audio Track.aiff, etc). Audiobook Builder is pulling the titles in as "Audio Track 1", "Audio Track 2", etc.) regardless of what iTunes finds. This is not how it used to work. In the past, if iTunes was able to find titles, Audiobook Builder used those titles on direct import to itself (that is, I never had to import into iTunes THEN import from iTunes to Audiobook Builder).

Reboot had no effect on the situation. I'm still just getting "Audio Track 1", "Audio Track 2", etc.

~ Alicia

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:33 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Since you are seeing the generic names in Finder it is an issue with Finder connecting to Gracenotes, and because Audiobook Builder pulls from Finder that is why you don't see the track titles in your Build projects. It has been an issue for years with Leopard and Snow Leopard (we are waiting to see if Lion will do the same thing) and plenty of people have encountered this. For whatever reason, sometimes Finder just stops receiving the track info.

http://www.splasm.com