Splasm Software Discussions

a user community for the betterment of Splasmkind
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:02 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:34 am 

Recently the cover art that I have been dragging into ABB has not been appearing on the finished audiobook, like it used to. Did I inadvertently re-set something? How can I fix this problem so that the cover art appears, like it used to?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:45 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

The cover art is not appearing in iTunes, or iPods, or in the Finder? Let us know which situations are causing problems. Thanks!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:47 pm 

All three! Although the cover art does appear on the ABB window after I drag it in, it no longer shows in iTunes, my iPod, nor my desktop at the end of the build. I want it back! Thank you.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:59 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

We have been running tests with the latest build of Audiobook Builder on both Snow Leopard and Lion, and have not been able to duplicate the missing cover art. The Finder, iTunes and mobile devices are showing the cover art of our newly built books.

What kind of image files are you adding to your book? If you get info on the book in iTunes, does the image show up under the artwork tab? Any extra information would be helpful. We may even need to look at the project file and built book to see the issue. Thanks for helping us get a start on this.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:38 am 

I have been taking "snapshots" of the cover art from different on line sources -- it doesn't seem to matter from where I get them. They used to come through the build, appearing on the finished product, and now they don't. I take it that nobody else has complained about this problem? Could I have inadvertently reset something in Preferences, or something like that, that is causing this problem for me alone? Thank you for looking in to this!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:12 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

There has been a few users in the past that had an issue with the Finder 'forgetting' cover art and not show it in previews, but the cover art will still work in iTunes and mobile devices. We were not able to duplicate this behavior either, but it is the only other case where we were notified of missing cover art in the final book.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:11 am 

I have just purchased Audiobook Builder and I am running Lion. The cover art worked for me on the first project, but on the second, it substituted the artwork that was associated with the files in iTunes rather than the artwork I had attached to the project. It also put the completed book in the "songs" category within the book section. My first project worked great, but it was from CDs and had no information in iTunes or Gracenotes.