Splasm Software Discussions

a user community for the betterment of Splasmkind
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:11 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: bookmarking audiobooks
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 5:57 pm 

I am frustrated because I have 15 audiobooks in my iPhone 4 right now, and I can't figure out for the life of me how to bookmark them.
I go back and forth between books, and I find that I am re-listening to hours worth of books over and over again.
The track files that show up in the iPhone are different from what shows up in iTunes also.
In Audiobook Builder on my phone, the tracks that were on the CD that I input/downloaded show up verbatim. This has nothing to do with the actual chapters.
I just want to be able to pick up a book from where I left off. Maybe a manual bookmark?

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 9:44 am 
Administrator
Administrator

You may be importing the original CD tracks and not the actual Audiobook Builder audiobook. When you put together your audiobook you move to the finish tab in Audiobook Builder, then click the 'Build Audiobook' button. After this is done, it sends it to iTunes and it is placed in the Books section of iTunes as well as the Audiobook Builder playlist. When setting up your phone, you will want to visit the Books tab of your device in iTunes. Near the bottom of the books tab, you will see the Audiobooks settings for syncing. make sure you are getting your audiobook synced to your device. You can do this or you can sync with just the Audiobook Builder playlist.

If you are manually syncing, you can just drag and drop your books to your device. If they are saved as m4b files, which they are set to by default, iTunes and iPhones should remember your last playback position by default.

If you have created your audiobook from tracks you have in iTunes and have a finished book in your books section of iTunes, you can safely remove the original files found in your music section.

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 11:33 am 

Thanks. What I do is that I build the book by inputting it into Itunes music. Then I drag all those tracks into Audiobook Builder. It builds the books and installs them in iTunes under books. Then I go back into the iTunes music and delete the thousands of tracks. then I dock by iphone into my computer and select which books I want in the iTunes - iPhone page, and sync.
If one of my books HADN'T gotten synced with all the CD tracks, I would never have been able to keep my place. When I go to the iPhone iPod and play an audiobook, and I go to the chapter box in the upper right, that is where I see all the tracks that I had imported.
My problem is that I listen to 5 books at once. Should the program be able to hold my place in 5 books?

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 9:55 am 
Administrator
Administrator

iTunes and the iphone should remember the last listening position in each book automatically. If you go back to a book you had already listened to, it should pick up where you left off without any work from you.

The Chapters list is there to jump to presets in the book. Your current listening position will not show up in the Chapters list. Let us know if you are able to play a book, leave it, and then come back to it in the same position as you left.