Splasm Software Discussions

a user community for the betterment of Splasmkind
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:57 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: iPhone app
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:49 am 

It is really, really quiet about the iPhone app. Did you give up?

Post subject: Re: iPhone app
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:57 am 
Administrator
Administrator

We are still working on it. We had some time away from it while some build bugs were squashed in Audiobook Builder with 1.1.4. CheckBook 2.1 is also getting some attention regarding Scheduling enhancements. We will be back to it shortly.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:51 pm 

yes yes yes. would love an iphone app that syncs with our mac.

we have mobile me, so that could be an idea....

not sure what ways they could "sync" but i guess thats why you guys have a job!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:02 am 

Have you got back to it yet?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:19 am 
Administrator
Administrator

CheckBook 2.1 just hit beta stage so we arent quite back to full time iphone development. There are a few things left to finish up, then we are back to the mobile version of CheckBook.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:07 pm 

Randy K. wrote:
... then we are back to the mobile version of CheckBook

'mobile version' -as in not only 'iPhone version'? Does this mean you're also working on a version for Android (I hope) :)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:24 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

No android unfortunately. This will be for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:50 pm 

Yay!!! Great. :mrgreen:
That saves me asking about a CheckBook iPad app.
Having it sync would be great if possible.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:26 pm 

Randy K. wrote:
CheckBook 2.1 just hit beta stage so we arent quite back to full time iphone development. There are a few things left to finish up, then we are back to the mobile version of CheckBook.

Pardon my saying so, Randy, but I am a long time CheckBook user and you folks have been saying "...then we are back to the mobile version of CheckBook..." for a very long time.

Now I am not a developer, but I simply don't believe that it takes this long to develop an iPhone app. I realize that it takes time to develop quality, but come on.

If you guys are doing it, do it. If you aren't, then tell your loyal customers that.

As for me, I have actively been looking for a finance app for the Mac that also has an iPhone version. I have yet to find a decent one (which says something about CheckBook, by the way), but when I do, I will certainly switch to it for the simple reason that I want a finance program with a companion iPhone app for the convenience that the two programs will bring.

Hopefully that convenience will soon come from CheckBook.

Kirk

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:22 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Kirk,

Anytime we have another project to take care of short term, our other major project is put on temporary delay. That is just how it is when you have a small team. CheckBook is in beta and is in the hands of testers, so we are working on the iPhone version of CheckBook until we get enough feedback to release the official CheckBook 2.1. Snow Leopard compatibility updates was the same situation. It also occurred with Audiobook Builder 1.1.5.

CheckBook for the iPhone is our current primary project. This isn't a flashlight or a fart app, so it takes quite a bit more time to get it finished ;) We work at our own pace and do the best work that we are capable of. As we have said before, we don't expect anyone to wait around for products that are in development. If you need an iPhone or iPod touch application today to track your finances, I am sure there are a few to pick from at the App store. If ours happens to be better later on, trade up ;)

We do appreciate the enthusiasm and hope sharing the information of what we are working on isnt detrimental to expectations.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:13 pm 

Good to get this update on how development is going for the iPhone app! Count me as one who is looking forward to this.

I'm also glad the the desktop app is still developing. I've been using CBPro for about a year and think it's the best personal finance app around for my needs. I'd been a Quicken user for many years, but it just wasn't being developed and the new Quicken Essentials is a joke.

So. Keep up the good work. There are those of us out here who will wait!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:33 pm 

Randy K. wrote:
Kirk,

Anytime we have another project to take care of short term, our other major project is put on temporary delay. That is just how it is when you have a small team. CheckBook is in beta and is in the hands of testers, so we are working on the iPhone version of CheckBook until we get enough feedback to release the official CheckBook 2.1. Snow Leopard compatibility updates was the same situation. It also occurred with Audiobook Builder 1.1.5.

CheckBook for the iPhone is our current primary project. This isn't a flashlight or a fart app, so it takes quite a bit more time to get it finished ;) We work at our own pace and do the best work that we are capable of. As we have said before, we don't expect anyone to wait around for products that are in development. If you need an iPhone or iPod touch application today to track your finances, I am sure there are a few to pick from at the App store. If ours happens to be better later on, trade up ;)

We do appreciate the enthusiasm and hope sharing the information of what we are working on isnt detrimental to expectations.

Respectfully, Randy, this sounds like just another excuse to me.

The SDK has been out, what, two years now?

I understand the concept of having a small team. I also understand that there are many much smaller teams than yours--one person teams in fact who have apps in the app store much more quickly.

Customers don't appreciate vaporware (as, for example, Cha-Ching seems to now be--good news for you!) and CheckBook for iPhone OS is looking more and more like vaporware all the time.

Two years, Randy.

Kirk

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 5:50 pm 

Randy is there any updates on a release date yet?

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 11:09 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

We were just finishing up the porting over of the new custom schedule options from the desktop version of CheckBook 2.1 to the iPhone version of CheckBook. CheckBook 2.1 for the desktop is still in beta testing so these features are new in both products.

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 10:06 am 

I'm waiting hopefully too. Have you surveyed your users to see just what they want from a mobile app? I doubt many of us need the full functionality of CB--although there will be exceptions--for my part I'd be thrilled just to have a portable way to enter transactions that I could then sync at my Mac. Essentially, I'd be automating my check register (including debit transactions and so forth). That kind of an app would be simple enough; maybe if that's the majority opinion you could get something to market that would satisfy the masses quickly.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next