Splasm Software Discussions

a user community for the betterment of Splasmkind
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:52 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:48 pm 

I use CheckBook Pro at home for personal and a small business. It would be very helpful to have the ability to have some buttons on the toolbar that could be customized for various filters and accounts.

Example 1. As I use the checkbook during the month, I mark entries that have cleared the bank as resolved leaving a simple 30 second reconcile at the end of the month and filter to display only unresolved items - very neat display. However, when I want to see everything or some subset of dates I change the filter, then change it back. It would be very useful to have a button the change to some other filter set.

Example 2. Changing to view another account could be easily done by having a customizable button to view other accounts or account combinations.

Great product,

Thanks,

Chet Volpe

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:40 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Hi Chet,

Adding customizable buttons is a cool idea. That's something we'll have to look into for a future release, so the suggestion will certainly be added to our feature request list.

For now, you might look at creating Smart Folders as a way of setting-up custom filtering options that will remain a single click away. To create a Smart Folder, choose 'New Smart Folder...' from the Account menu. With the example you gave, you could set your Smart Folder criteria as 'Resolved status/is not set' in order to make it where selecting the purple Smart Folder later always brings up just those Unresolved items to aid with Reconciling. Additional filter settings beyond that can also be added to a single Smart Folder using the little plus sign button on the Smart Folder options sheet.

Concerning your second example, the idea to provide options for dealing with different sets of Accounts has come up before so we're already planning on looking into that.

Let us know if you have any other suggestions or questions come up!

http://www.splasm.com

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:02 am 

Allan, thanks for considering my suggestions. Also, thanks for the info on Smart Folders... I will explore this.

Chet