Splasm Software Discussions

a user community for the betterment of Splasmkind
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:08 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 8:33 am 

It is too easy to for a stray click to uncheck a previously reconciled transaction from a prior month throwing of the current months reconciliation, its happened to me 3 times in 8 months wasting lots of times looking for a problem before I realized what happened.

**What is desperately needed is some sort of soft-lock on reconciled transactions that is **user configurable** (you could turn it on or off).

The easiest to implement probably would be just offer a warning when you un-check a cleared/reconciled transaction. The nag is a little annoying but worth it.

I would prefer... Soft-Locking transactions either automatically after statements transactions is reconciled etc., or manually do so. These locked transactions would not be editable unless unlocked (at least for me the reconciled status would be the only thing locked, though I suppose you could make it user configurable, resolved, amount, description, etc. I think the only two that mess people up is resolved and amount). Either way once locked No warning. Just no Edit until you unlock one or a whole bunch of selected transactions

Anthony.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:38 pm 

I'll second this. I've unchecked some reconciled transactions before, but have thankfully caught them after doing so. I'd like the protection built-in in case I ever did so without noticing.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:55 am 

I agree - as a new user used to Quicken for many years this is a hole thats really easy to fall into.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:16 pm 

I also agree that a user managed soft lock on resolved txs is a good idea, especially if you are old and have just purchased a "magic trackpad" to supposedly make life easier on a cramped desk. Just the slightest touch and you can undo hours of work. Best - graylensman.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 9:47 am 

Please. This one's long overdue