Splasm Software Discussions

a user community for the betterment of Splasmkind
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:59 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Truly amazing...
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 5:20 pm 

It's truly amazing (disappointing) how few readers reply to any topic on this forum. It's even more amazing (more disappointing) how little the developers of CheckBook appear to be interested in the issues raised by forum members who are presumably users or potential purchasers of CheckBook.

Post subject: Re: Truly amazing...
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:03 am 

Agreed. Wholeheartedly.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:57 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

I'm sorry that the forums here aren't as responsive as some would like. We try our best to make sure any technical issues and problems are addressed as soon as possible. Unfortunately that leaves replying to feature requests and ideas on the forums as a second priority. Our hope was that the community would pick up these topics and discuss amongst themselves. That was also the intent of the forums originally. We hoped that the community would share ideas and solutions publicly to facilitate users and potential common issues people experience.

Make no mistake... We check the forums every day and read every single post that is written here. We take each and every request seriously and discuss all of them when we draw up plans for future revisions of products. We have to carefully balance our time between our products (CheckBook and CheckBook Pro, Viddyup!, and Audiobook Builder) along with any future products we are taking on. This also includes our development time we are investing into the iPhone SDK.

Feel free to browse around the threads in the forum and participate in discussions, and help out if you can. We would love to see more participation within the user community. Its a good feeling to see the community grow and see some user's experiences helping others.

If you feel you have a technical issue you'd rather not post on the forum and want a direct line to us, you can always email us at support@splasm.com or use one of the other emails listed on our contact page.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:55 pm 

Well, I'm still waiting for the promised change that will allow better scheduling dates, like the 2nd Wednesday of the month... I've been promised that for, what is it? 2+ years now??

And I'm active on the forum, too -- always helping whenever I can. All I want is to be able to auto-schedule our Social Security deposits. Is that really such a big deal???

BUT, I also have a pension deposit that falls on the last day of the month (you got that one covered), but another that falls on the 1st day of the month. Business days, of course, not weekends. I have another deposit that falls 3 business days after the first business day of each month.

This is important, and not just to me. Time's a-wastin'

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:27 pm 

t3rockhall wrote:
Well, I'm still waiting for the promised change that will allow better scheduling dates, like the 2nd Wednesday of the month... I've been promised that for, what is it? 2+ years now??

And I'm active on the forum, too -- always helping whenever I can. All I want is to be able to auto-schedule our Social Security deposits. Is that really such a big deal???

BUT, I also have a pension deposit that falls on the last day of the month (you got that one covered), but another that falls on the 1st day of the month. Business days, of course, not weekends. I have another deposit that falls 3 business days after the first business day of each month.

I have a few things like that also. If it is important enough to get the exact day - most are not in my case, I set up the scheduled entries for each time (month, 6 month, etc) interval at the beginning of each year. Yes it takes a little bit of time but then I don't worry about it for a year.

Using OS X 10.5.1

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:58 am 

Wayne Dreier wrote:
I have a few things like that also. If it is important enough to get the exact day - most are not in my case, I set up the scheduled entries for each time (month, 6 month, etc) interval at the beginning of each year. Yes it takes a little bit of time but then I don't worry about it for a year.

I waited a while to see if this was going to provoke a response. It didn't.

Well, it IS important to get the right day. And yes, of course I enter the dates manually. But it just isn't right. iCal handles it easily as does Now-Up-To-Date (which is even easier than iCal's method). So my automatic calendar tells me when I have to manually make an entry.

I's also like to see scheduled entries display automatically in the detail list a month (or specified time) ahead of when they are scheduled to happen And once a scheduled entry is checked as being done, the next one should show up, unchecked. This item has also been discussed here and partially addressed.