Splasm Software Discussions

a user community for the betterment of Splasmkind
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:57 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: iPad app????
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:59 pm 

Seriously. I just bought an iPad and really don't want to give up my Checkbook Pro but no iPad app.....so who knows. I may be looking for a new checkbook app. Don't want to. What a pain. Judy

Post subject: Re: iPad app????
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:47 am 

mrstucci wrote:
Seriously. I just bought an iPad and really don't want to give up my Checkbook Pro but no iPad app.....so who knows. I may be looking for a new checkbook app. Don't want to. What a pain. Judy

Yes it is. I've stopped carrying my MBP to my vacation home in favor of my iPad. The only thing I really needed the MBP for was CB. Even my stupid bank has an iPad app. So now I can't do banking until I get back home. C'mon guys. It's time to move this out of beta (or wherever it is now). Of course the data has to sync when you plug it into the computer later.

It doesn't help that there's already a competing app named "Checkbook HD" No copyright infringement, guys?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:33 am 
Administrator
Administrator

We are working on getting CheckBook 2.5 finished, which completely overhauls the backend and how account data is stored. All of this is necessary to facilitate the syncing between devices that is required with a mobile version.

We need to get CheckBook 2.5 finished and out the door before we can complete MoneyBug (the mobile version).

Some other companies gobbled up a few names before we could get to them on the app store. We could attempt to claim some rights to the names, but the time, money, and effort may not be worth the result. We can instead spend the time creating new things and getting more work done.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:51 pm 

Ok, thanks Randy for replying. If I know that it's at least in the works, I will try to be patient. And I totally understand fighting about names, etc. It can be a waste of time and money. Judy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:51 am 

Can you use LogMeIn to access Splasm software ( GREAT software by the way ) or IOS 5 coming out today? while your away? :o

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:42 pm 

O.K. Enough farting around. I sold my near-unused MBP in favor of my iPad, and now I really need an iOS 5 version. Since the OS now comes with iCloud, storage externally is no longer an issue. Personally, I think that, in the not too distant future, iPads will become ubiquitous. Let's get the show on the road, already! You don't get more devoted users than me. :!:

Oh yeah, I don't care that I'll have to purchase the mobile version either.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:54 pm 

I agree with you, 3trockhall!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:00 pm 

t3rockhall wrote:
You don't get more devoted users than me.

Not too sure I agree with this ;-) but I, too cannot wait for the iPad app.

PRider

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:23 pm 

Please guys, Money Bug asap, it's getting urgent.
Five weeks overseas with only the iPad recently made for a heap of work when we returned getting Check Book up to date.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:55 pm 

Sue wrote:
Please guys, Money Bug asap, it's getting urgent.
Five weeks overseas with only the iPad recently made for a heap of work when we returned getting Check Book up to date.

Don't bother, Sue.

I'm sorry to say that they've been promising a mobile version for literally years now and they just keep making excuse, after excuse, after excuse.

Give MoneyWell a shot. They are in the process of a 2.0 Mac release and of course they have an iOS version and have had for some time now. It works well. It syncs via DropBox, and I've had no trouble with it at all.

These guys are all promises and no delivery.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:56 pm 

Randy K. wrote:
We are working on getting CheckBook 2.5 finished, which completely overhauls the backend and how account data is stored. All of this is necessary to facilitate the syncing between devices that is required with a mobile version.

We need to get CheckBook 2.5 finished and out the door before we can complete MoneyBug (the mobile version).

Some other companies gobbled up a few names before we could get to them on the app store. We could attempt to claim some rights to the names, but the time, money, and effort may not be worth the result. We can instead spend the time creating new things and getting more work done.

Exactly how many years have you guys been saying this now, Randy?

Gimme a break.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:13 am 

kriknosretep wrote:
Randy K. wrote:

Gimme a break.

+1

This is getting totally ridiculous!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:48 pm 

magnanamus wrote:
kriknosretep wrote:
Randy K. wrote:

Gimme a break.

+1

It passed ridiculous a long, long, long, long, long time ago! MoneyBug, or whatever they're calling it is what we call vaporware.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:28 pm 

magnanamus wrote:
kriknosretep wrote:
Randy K. wrote:

Gimme a break.

+1

It passed ridiculous a long, long, long, long, long time ago! MoneyBug, or whatever they're calling it is what we call vaporware.[/quote]

What is truly amazing/ridiculous is the absolute lack of posting on the subject any more... now, instead of simply promising, they just don't bother replying to our requests... at least they aren't lying to us any more... :-0

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:34 pm 

DWF wrote:
What is truly amazing/ridiculous is the absolute lack of posting on the subject any more... now, instead of simply promising, they just don't bother replying to our requests... at least they aren't lying to us any more... :-0

Well said, DWF!