Splasm Software Discussions

a user community for the betterment of Splasmkind
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:22 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Re: Updates?
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:32 am 

crucial wrote:
Looks like the competition just raised the bar http://www.iggsoftware.com/ibank3/featu ... ibank3_nav

Holy cow! As far as I'm concerned that how you take an application, throw as much graphical glitz at it as you can and ignore the core function. Will people really want to browse through their transactions using CoverFlow? Do I want photos of what I've bought? It seems to be a massive amount of bloat with no real substance.

Now, having said that, I too am disappointed with how slowly development of ChackBook is going but iBank certainly isn't going to tempt me away.

Post subject: Wanna beta?
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:22 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Interested in beta testing CheckBook 2.0? If you’re currently registered for CheckBook 1.x send an email to checkbookbeta@splasm.com. We’ll send out beta testing instructions and registration information to the first 50 users that write in.

https://www.splasm.com

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:31 pm 

With the beta coming this is now more of moot point.

I just wanted to pipe in here. Everyone is welcome to their opinion.... Check book 1.81 is a great product. It is reliable and it is inexpensive and helps me, at least me keep my books faster and more accurately then Quicken ever did.

While the hopful release Date of Oct 07 came and went for version 2.0, that is not unusual ala Leopard, Vista and most everything else software wise comes late.

You really do not want somthing released that is 1/2 baked. You would not want people writing in that they lost their data, or that their data was munged. The program needed to be brought to a fairly stable and safe state and then beta tested which is what is happening now (it is not like people paid for v2 and were waiting for it).

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 7:53 am 

I'm a new user, and I've only been trying out your checkbook software for a couple of weeks.

However, I know what it takes to build quality software, and I also know the kind of commitment it takes to doing that at an affordable price. From all that I've seen so far of this program, I think you're doing a great job at both.

Still, I was on the fence about registering my copy, until I read here that you're committed to supporting multiple currencies in the Pro edition of version 2. I'm an American living in India, while my wife is in Italy for another month or two. Our finances are a bit complicated, with multiple accounts in multiple countries and currencies, so support for this will be very welcome indeed.

Then I wondered if I should wait, and not register until version 2 comes out. When I read on splasmata that as a new user I'd get a free upgrade to Checkbook Pro 2.0, that settled the issue. I've just registered, joining the ranks of those eagerly awaiting the big upgrade.

Thanks for a good product at a good price.