Splasm Software Discussions

a user community for the betterment of Splasmkind
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:24 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:17 pm 

As with most people, I love Checkbook Pro. I have a couple suggestions that would make it better. First, as has been suggested before, I would like an option to be able to automatically commit scheduled transactions to my register. Second, I would like to see an option when setting up a new scheduled transaction to auto delete the item if it's not scheduled to run again. For example, if I schedule a 1 time payment, I'd like it to delete the entry after it is committed to the register so that I don't have unnecessary entries in the scheduled tab.

Thanks for a great product.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:44 pm 

kc0eak wrote:
... I would like to see an option when setting up a new scheduled transaction to auto delete the item if it's not scheduled to run again. For example, if I schedule a 1 time payment, I'd like it to delete the entry after it is committed to the register so that I don't have unnecessary entries in the scheduled tab....

:?: Perhaps I don't understand your question. If it's only ONCE, then it isn't a scheduled, recurring item. Just enter it as a debit or credit or whatever it is with the date you want it to happen, and it will -- just once.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:25 pm 

I realize that I can do that already. However, I'd rather not have future transactions show up in the register until they have actually posted and would rather enter all future transactions as a scheduled transaction. I know I can do it as you have suggested, but this was just a thought for the future so that I don't have sometimes 5 or more future transactions showing that haven't posted yet.

The other thing that I'd use it for is so that if I have a transaction that is going to end after, say, 6 times, it would be nice if it posted the final time, then deleted itself so it wouldn't show up in scheduled transactions if it weren't going to be needed again.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:13 pm 

kc0eak wrote:
The other thing that I'd use it for is so that if I have a transaction that is going to end after, say, 6 times, it would be nice if it posted the final time, then deleted itself so it wouldn't show up in scheduled transactions if it weren't going to be needed again.

Doesn't yours say "Complete" in the "Next Entry" column? I like that it still shows even though new transactions won't occur. I can always delete the item manually, after I check and make sure I want to."

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:03 pm 

t3rockhall wrote:
Doesn't yours say "Complete" in the "Next Entry" column? I like that it still shows even though new transactions won't occur. I can always delete the item manually, after I check and make sure I want to."

Mine does say "Complete" once a transaction posts and isn't scheduled again, but because of how I use it, it wasn't quite how I wanted it to work. For example, my monthly utility bill from the city changes from month to month. So, what I would do would be to enter the bill as a scheduled item (that way, as I said earlier, I don't have 10 future items in my register) and ending after 1 occurrence. When I got the next bill, I'd have to go back in and make another scheduled item for the next month because once the item said complete, I wasn't able to just change the date and amount. I can go into the edit screen for that entry, but after hitting save, the data that I changed would still be lost and the entry would still show complete and not update to the new data.

What I did to get around this was to change the transaction from ending after 1 occurrence to repeating every month. That will save me from having to enter most of the details in every month, such as the payee and category, and all that I'll have to change is the amount. Most other people may not see that as a problem, it was just a suggestion that would help me out. If it gets implemented in the future, great, and if not, it's not going to cause me to switch applications. I absolutely love Checkbook!