Splasm Software Discussions

a user community for the betterment of Splasmkind
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:39 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Feature request
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 10:52 am 

Hi! I've purchased CheckBook and love it. After using it for a little while, I've noticed a couple things I'd like it to do.

1. Regarding transfers. I love the Transfer button; debit one account, credit another, especially because that is something I do alot. However, if I import a bank QIF file, which happens to have a transfer in it, it shows up as a regular debit. I'd like to turn that debit into a real transfer (blue type/reflected in both accounts), not just note it as such. The way it stands now, I can name it as a transfer, but it really doesn't become one.

2. I would really like separate columns for debits, credits, and a running balance. I don't know coding so this may be way too much work, but for those people who like it like it already is, could this be a preference choice? And regarding balance, have control over current balance vs. future scheduled transaction balance.

Other than those things, I think the program is fantastic, and so is the support.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 11:09 am 

I made the same comment regarding the RUNNING BALANCE. While I would prefer a RB column, the RB is available in the bottom - on the final number probably marked BALANCE. Click on the arrow, and select RB, and then you can just highlight the last item you want in the RB column. Easier to do than describe. This makes it easy to balance the checkbook as of any given date -- so you can just take the RB on all items that appear prior to today and ignore all future entries.