Splasm Software Discussions

a user community for the betterment of Splasmkind
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:44 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 9:29 pm 

First, let me say that Checkbook exceeds my expectations. The first 4 or 5 things I was going to request are already in the program. Good job! :shock: It may be that some of my requests below are also built-in and that I just haven't figured them out yet.

Here is my list in order of priority.

#1. Tie Description to To/From. I have explained this in a separate post

#2. Button to DUPLICATE an existing entry so only have to change a few items like perhaps date and amount.

#3. Either a new, narrow column or some indicator (maybe a color or an asterisk) to identify that an entry came from SCHEDULED list. A column would be preferred because then one could make a Summary Report that totals the monthly scheduled payments, or the yearly scheduled payments, etc. 8)

#4. One or 2 new "category" columns, explained in a separate post and illustrated by an example in #3. Maybe 3 or 4 new "category" columns because the more I reflect on this, the more uses I find for useful summaries. The Summary design in Checkbook is very, very good and can be even more powerful if users had a few new columns to play with.

#5. Ability to import and export from/to spreadsheets or CSV. I would like to have been able to import my Excel spreadsheet when I started up, but I couldn't figure out a way. (Too late for me now because I manually entered what was needed.) :cry:

#6. Instead of just a check box for tax-free, I would like to be able to enter an amount. I have several payments that are partially tax-free and I don't see a way to use Checkbook in its current form to track these.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 11:22 am 

In Schedule tab I keep a list monthly bills that are paid automatically by draft. When I get an e-notice for one of these bills, I immediately update the precise day and amount of the draft in Checkbook. At that point, I would like a way to know at a glance that the item is confirmed. For example, there could be a button to let me force the entry to move from the Schedule tab to the Entry tab. Then, when scheduled items are in the entry tab, I would know that I have confirmed and, if necessary, updated them.

A CONFIRMED column with a little check box would do the same thing. I can think of other ways, also, such as color coding.

Is there a way with the current version of the program to know at a glance that a scheduled item has been confirmed? At the moment I'm making a note in the entry but that takes several clicks and can't be viewed directly.