Splasm Software Discussions

a user community for the betterment of Splasmkind
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:26 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2022 10:43 am 

Not sure if this has been address previously or this should be suggestion for for further upgrades.

Most of my banking is done in Canadian dollars (CDN) but I have also a savings and credit card account in US dollars (USD) (all with the same bank). I use the US savings account to pay the US credit account. (Paying US supplier in US funds is in the long less expensive for me).

Now when I want to record transfer funds from my CDN chequing account to my USD saving account, I have to fudge a work around in ChequeBook pro (sorry CheckBook pro :) ). The problem is that there is a conversion factor that has to be accounted for, and the factor changes daily. So if I want to transfer $1 USD to my US account, it takes (today) $1.31 CDN. In a day or so it will be different.

So is there a way to do this or is this a potential feature for the future? I would presume this would be a issue for other users who make transaction in multiple currencies.

Cheers

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2022 5:19 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Unfortunately, the application isn't capable of updating the exchange rate automatically, but there's the Exchanged As field that can be used when transferring funds between Accounts with different currencies to easily get the different values right for each end of the Transfer. If the exchange rate changes before the real world transaction clears, you can always double-click your Transfer entry in the originating Account and update the value in the Exchanged As field, if needed.

http://www.splasm.com

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:41 am 

Fantastic, you learn something new every day, this solves my problem

I understand not getting daily exchange rate, and even if you could the rates the bank charge compared to what the other exchanges are not ever equal.

Thanks for the help

Paul