Splasm Software Discussions

a user community for the betterment of Splasmkind
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:16 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2021 3:45 pm 

After an update today (2.6.22 (753)), every time I click on one of the accounts, it runs through all previous cleared transactions, before settling on the current position.

This is not only unnecessary, but rather irritating, particularly as I have to go from one account to another and back quite a few times, between half a dozen different accounts, some well over five years old and heavily "populated" - this quick flash over hundreds, if not thousands, lines has zero functionality and even less "cool factor".

Please, please, please remove it, or add an option to disable it.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:42 am 
Administrator
Administrator

The latest version does spend about 0.4s to animate the scrolling that needs to take place to center the selected entry. If you’re seeing a major change happen every time you go from one account to another, you may find it works best to click over the entry you’re most interested in, before switching away. But, also, we’d be happy to look at including of an option for disabling the animated scrolling in a future version.

http://www.splasm.com

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2021 11:38 am 

Thanks. In the meantime, is it possible to reinstall the previous version?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2021 12:22 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Reverting back to 2.6.20 shouldn't be a problem. That version's no longer available for download on our site, though. If you have a Time Machine backup from the past several weeks, perhaps you'll want to restore your copy to Applications such that it overwrites the newer version.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2021 3:07 pm 

Great, thanks - restored 2.6.21 - just wanted to check there won't be any issues with using TM.

There's no automatic update, right? :D

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:23 am 
Administrator
Administrator

If you have a direct version, the application won't be updated automatically. Supposing you purchased from the App Store, though, you'll need to adjust your App Store Preferences to ensure updates aren't installed automatically.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 2:47 pm 

Thank you. To be honest I don't remember, how I purchased it, but seeing as App Store came up with available update to 2.6.22, I guess it was where I bought it from ... No auto updates there :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2022 3:23 pm 

Hello again :)

I see there's an update available to 2.7.6 version.
Just wanted to check, if the scroll past existing transaction feature still present, and if so, can it be turned off?
I'm still on 2.6.21 and am perfectly happy with it :D so no pressing need to upgrade.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2022 3:47 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

The 2.7.6 version does scroll automatically to make a selection visible and lacks any way of disabling that feature. So, it's still a situation where you'd just need to have whatever entry you want to remain visible selected, should you update.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2022 11:33 pm 

I see ... thanks for confirming.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2023 6:06 am 

Just wondering if the option to disable the scroll past old transactions has been implemented in the latest version?

My AppStore is showing update to 2.7.14 is now available - I'm still on 2.6.21 as it was the last version not to do the dreaded scroll ...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2023 1:25 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Unfortunately, no. We're happy to reach out to you personally once we include an option for disabling the automatic scrolling in the future, though!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2023 10:00 am 

Yes, thank you, that will be great.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2023 5:36 pm 

I take it there's been no change on this?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2023 4:43 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

I think we've addressed this but misunderstood your follow-ups asking if things had changed.

To recap: CheckBook 2.6.22 would "smoothly" scroll through your Entries as it restored your last selection. We got feedback pretty quickly, from you and others, that this was not one of our better ideas. We walked it back in 2.7.

If I'm guessing correctly, we thought each time you asked that you were talking about the way CheckBook automatically scrolls (smoothly or not) to the last selected Entry(ies) each time you select an Account.

CheckBook has always tried to restore the selection and scroll to it, we just added an animation in 2.6.22 then tossed it like it never happened so things should be like they were before 2.6.22. The way it is now, it technically automatically "scrolls" to the selection, which explains why Allan kept saying so, but it hasn't been animated since 2.6.22 so, instead of watching a few thousand Entries fly by, the selection just snaps into position, as centered as it can possibly be. In other words, you don't see the scrolling, it just instantly jumps to the right position.

If you want to be sure 2.7.27 behaves without risking your current installation or data, here's one way to go about it:

1. Open your current copy of CheckBook so you can see your data, go to the File menu, at the top of your screen, and use the Backup... feature to save a copy of your document on your Desktop.
  2. If you have CheckBook, with a green pen in its icon, download the CheckBook Pro trial at https://splasm.com/downloads/checkbook/ ... %20Pro.dmg. If you have CheckBook Pro, with a blue pen in its icon, download the CheckBook trial at https://splasm.com/downloads/checkbook/CheckBook.dmg.
  3. Open your download but don't actually install the application - just double-click the CheckBook or CheckBook Pro icon in the middle of the window.
  4. Drag the backup document on your Desktop to the downloaded application's icon on your Dock.
  5. Kick the tires.
  6. Quit the application.
  7. Drag the backup document from your Desktop to the Trash.
  8. Decide whether to update to the latest version from the Mac App Store.

I hope we just nailed it so you can get back to the latest version. Please let us know, either way!

https://www.splasm.com