Splasm Software Discussions

a user community for the betterment of Splasmkind
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:50 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:18 pm 

I performed an update the last time I used CheckBook. Today I was making entries on the schedule page for one of my two accounts when I received a dialog box stating that I should update. When I did the entry page for my other account appeared with a number of incorrect entries and totals.

I appear to have lost the info for one of my accounts and cannot return to it.
It is not listed in the "open recents" box.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2021 10:31 am 

Checking on reply to post shown below of Friday 8/27.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2021 11:59 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Hi there!

It feels like we don't have enough detail yet to make a call about what's happened there and how to recover. Have Entries been moved into a different Account? Or is it more like they're out of their usual order? Any chance we've jumped between CheckBook and CheckBook Pro or the other way around?

For the second case, the first thing I'd do is make sure your Accounts are sorted by Date. Click the word Date at the top of the column of dates once or twice, until your most recent Entries are at the top or bottom of the list, as you like.

For the third case, that would wreak a smidge of havoc if you'd opened a different set of documents in one vs. the other and relied on Open Recent to switch between documents. The two applications can share documents but they don't share preferences, so the documents in Open Recent, as well as the location of the last opened document, are independent of each other. If you switched between the two applications by mistake you could see a completely different document and Open Recent than you're used to.

The first case seems unlikely. It's not something we've ever seen after an update. The only way I could imagine that happening would be a catastrophic mistake in the update code, to the extent a lot more than Entries would be out of place, as well. Since no other user has experienced that, we need to first be sure that's what's happened there. It's probably best for us to continue on that track by email, since we'll end up needing to see your document and the automatic backup CheckBook made of your document just before the update. Would you send a message to support@splasm.com with as much detail as you can include? Thanks!

https://www.splasm.com

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2021 2:31 pm 

keithg, Hi, I'm back. My last reply was by email after which we talked and you spent some time looking into my computer, etc.

I have continued moving my activity from the Big Bank account to the Credit Union account; yesterday I moved 47 entries from the "scheduled entries" page to the entry page in the new (CU) account. When I did, the moved entries included active entries from the old (BB) account. Deja Vu!

Could I recover the page from yesterday from before the entries were moved and reconstruct a new "schedule" page to insure isolation, or I guess I could manually correct the entries? I'll appreciate your thoughts. Manning

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:30 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Hi Manning,

Could we get together on the phone and do a bit of screen sharing tomorrow? I believe when we left off you had several Schedules that could've been for another Account and those could be why things went awry this time. I'll drop you a line by email and we'll get together to figure it out!

https://www.splasm.com