Splasm Software Discussions

a user community for the betterment of Splasmkind
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:13 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:36 am 

My checking account has lost all data. All the other accounts are fine.
I tried opening it from iCloud, too.
Help!!!

Can I restore it from Time Machine?
I also have a backup on a thumb drive but it's a few weeks old and isn't up to date

Help!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:59 am 
Administrator
Administrator

True data loss is rare with CheckBook Pro. So, let's see if it’s just that the application needs to be told to open your usual document again by going straight to the File menu at the top of your screen, sliding down to Open Recent, then clicking each file in the list to see if the accounts appear.

Supposing using the Open Recent option doesn’t bring everything back, restoring with a Time Machine backup would certainly be an option for recovery—it’s just necessary to know the save location for your primary document before the issues, to go that route. We can help determine the location, if you’ll send the following over to support@splasm.com (which may also help us learn what happened to begin with and whether the original document may actually still be available somewhere):

1. A System Information report. You can create one of these reports by going to the Apple () menu at the top of your screen while holding down the Option key on your keyboard, clicking the System Information… menu item, waiting for the report window to appear, then returning to the File menu and clicking the Save… menu item. Attach the resulting file to a reply to your message and we’ll have a look.

2. Recent system logs. To gather the logs, open CheckBook Pro, go to the Help menu at the top of your screen while holding down the Option key on your keyboard, click the Go to System Logs Folder menu item to reveal the logs folder, then send each item whose name begins with the word “system”.

http://www.splasm.com

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:14 am 

I found the problem. I had data in the FIND box. I am an idiot.

Thank you for your patience.

I'm leaving his post for others to see how this can occur.

All this isolation is getting to me.

May I humbly suggest that on your next update, clear the search box when the app is closed.

Update: I see there's a checkbox in the Preferences pane. Unchecked now. Thanks.

Thanks