Splasm Software Discussions

a user community for the betterment of Splasmkind
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:17 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:38 pm 

Can you selectively delete To From list of item you know longer use.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:45 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Each Account in CheckBook (Pro) uses the 50 most recent Entries to construct the To/From items list, by default. If you’d like to decrease that number, which would be a way of getting an older, no longer used To/From item to disappear from the list, go to the Account menu at the top of your screen and click the Edit Account... menu, and hit To/From.

http://www.splasm.com

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:11 pm 

Hoped this thread would answer my question about deleting an entry in the To/From table but it didn't. Followed advice above and got this popup:

Attachment:
Checkbook Screen Shot 2020-04-18.png
Checkbook Screen Shot 2020-04-18.png [ 38.8 KiB | Viewed 9452 times ]

I clicked each button and only got a response with "The Following To/From Items:", which only seemed to allow me to add an item, not to delete an item. So how can delete an item????

I'm using Checkbook, not pro.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 1:10 am 

Sorry, but [as far as I can tell] that is not possible. I would suggest you tick the box next to "the following to/from items" and see if that leaves the selection blank the next time you enter a transaction.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:11 am 

Right. "the last 50" is the last 50, no matter what they were.
"The following..." brings them all up.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:24 pm 

That you can't delete old To/From entries really bugs me so I searched and found that inside the Checkbook Accounts file is a SQLite database labeled Accounts.db that holds all transaction and user generated entries.

After poking around the database, there is an entries table that holds all the transactions entered into the app, and it looks like Checkbook doesn't store the To/From list separately. My guess is that the app looks up the most recent number of entries a user specifies and populates the field from the table. So the only way to remove old entries is to delete the transaction that contains that entry.

This, of course, is all just a guess from spending a few minutes examining the database. I'm sure it's far more complicated than that, but I am certain that the To/From entries are not stored separate from transactions.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2022 4:32 pm 

Has there been a more recent usable solution to the problem of not being able to easily delete a "To or From" entry? I find it somewhat amazing that there is not an easily accessible list where a little or no longer payee for example can just be deleted. Can anyone help?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2022 5:51 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

It's possible to deal with a manually managed list, wherein items can be deleted at will, by activating the option labeled "The Following To/From Items". Head to the Account menu, select Edit Account, and click the To/From button, to get started. Then, select the referenced option, click the button marked with a swooping arrow, and select your Account's name in order to add existing To/From items to what should, initially, be a blank list. Going forward, from there, you'll find you can select any item in the list and hit the Remove button to delete it.

http://www.splasm.com