Splasm Software Discussions

a user community for the betterment of Splasmkind
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:11 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:39 pm 

Hi, I'm a long time fan of ABB for Mac but there is one thing that would make my life so much easier. I often get large/long mp3 files - lectures, collections of lectures etc. Sometimes a collection of files, sometimes just one big file.

What I want is to be able to drop the file/files onto ABB and have ABB tell me sample rate, data rate (kbps) etc. of the mp3(s) and I will be able to select:
a) pass through - convert to m4b just as is (with chapters), or,
b) allow me to sample down - stereo to mono, reduce sample rate etc.

At the moment I have to find out these things separately from ABB, then set the desired parameters manually in ABB build options.

What do you think Splasm? Any chance? The original mp3(s) in each book all have the same parameters.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 12:19 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

The Inspector at the bottom of the list of Chapters can give you the audio format, then you can change the Build Options as needed before building. After you drag in the MP3 files, click the triangle next to a Chapter to expand it, select one of the Files within, click the Show Details button at the bottom of the window, and you'll see the basic details in the Format line, just above the controls for previewing the audio in the File. When you click Finish but before you build, click the Build Options... button, under the Cover art preview at the top right of the window, then select Custom... from the Quality menu button to set up for whatever makes sense for your project. Are you already going this route but it's not quite what you're looking for?

https://www.splasm.com

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 5:14 am 

Thanks for the info triangle hint. I had forgotten about that and it will make my life a lot easier. The thing is, when I go over to build, I get the settings of the previous build - which may be totally different from this build. If there could be a button which automatically set this current build to the parameters of the current source mp3 files (they will all have the same parameters) then I could click "build" and off we go. Of course, if I want to change the build options I would go to customise, as usual. Anyway, I'm grateful for your suggestions. Many Thanks.