Splasm Software Discussions

a user community for the betterment of Splasmkind
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:45 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2022 1:55 pm 

Hello,
I am trying to import an audiobook from CDs but am having a problem when it comes time to import from he discs. I am unable to select the drive with the CD in it after pressing the Import CD button. I have tried allowing full disk access without success, and don't see Audiobook Builder in the Privacy & Security, Files and Folders section. Just get an error saying "Unable to Access the "Volumes" folder." after I press cancel. Hoping for some assistance.
Thanks!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2022 4:38 pm 

I was able to add all volumes via full disk access, but would rather just enable access to removable volumes. So I guess I am still looking for a solution.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2022 2:36 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Do you mean you're pressing the Cancel button when Audiobook Builder asks you to allow access to the Volumes folder? And maybe you're trying to select the disc you want to import before pressing the Cancel button? We can help with that.

When Audiobook Builder prompts for access to the Volumes folder, you'll want to sit tight right there. Don't try to navigate about - no matter how much you want to - just click the Allow button. That's what gives Audiobook Builder permission to access the filesystem path of your discs. That alone won't cut it, though, so when Audiobook Builder tries to actually list the contents of your CDs, the Mac steps in and prompts you to allow Audiobook Builder to access your removable volumes. The two steps are a magic formula allowing Audiobook Builder to both access the path of each CD and actually read their contents from that point forward.

Note that despite the way all of this sounds, granting access to the Volumes folder doesn't give an application access to the root of your filesystem. If it did, trying to read the contents of your discs after you've given permission to do what have you to Volumes wouldn't trigger the prompt for access to removable volumes.

I hope that helps clear up things there. Reach out if you still need any details and we'll be happy to keep at it!

https://www.splasm.com

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2022 4:26 pm 

Thanks keithg, that was exactly my issue. I was selecting the external CD drive and it wasn't allowing me to click allow. Once I left it on volumes, it allowed me to click allow and automatically added Audiobook Builder to Security & Privacy, Files and Folders with removable volumes allowed.

All appears to be working now. Thanks for your help!