Splasm Software Discussions

a user community for the betterment of Splasmkind
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:16 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:48 am 

Hi,

I purchased Audiobook Builder from Itunes. I have a 4th gen Ipod and my books play for about 30 seconds-2 minutes and then loose the bookmark and then go back to front for book.

I was thinking that Audiobook Builder Assistant might help

Audiobook Builder Assistant cannot continue because it cannot find a registered copy of Audiobook Builder.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:21 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Audiobook Builder Assistant won't be useable with the current version of Audiobook Builder that you've recently installed since it's intended to work with very old versions of Audiobook Builder and its associated files. Basically, it can't find the relevant, old files to work with so there's no need for it—perhaps you'll want to remove it from your Mac.

Now, with the bookmarking issue you're describing , that sounds almost like an Apple-acknowledged bug for older iPods. Were you talking about the place being lost in the Book after going away from the item? If so, unfortunately, what you're experiencing is likely an issue with the way the classic iPod architecture mishandles bookmarkable AAC tracks over approximately 2.5 hours in length, regardless of their origin. In short, the issue can occur with any bookmarkable AAC file over 2.5 hours in length that is interrupted by pausing and allowing deep sleep or by playing another track. We spent a considerable amount of resources researching the issue and reported the issue to Apple - almost 6 years ago.

The only known workaround to guarantee that your place is not lost is to set Audiobook Builder's maximum Part length to around 2:15 so that you end up with Parts around 2.5 hours in length, avoiding the length at which playback on the iPod becomes unstable. For that, go into the Finish section, hit the 'Build Options' button, and set the Target Length using the field or slider.

http://www.splasm.com