Splasm Software Discussions

a user community for the betterment of Splasmkind
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:24 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Sluggish ipod
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:06 pm 

I have a 5th gen iPod Nano. This is what I use for my audio books. Everything has been working great until now. My latest book was from a cd. Now the click wheel controls respond very slowly. About five seconds from click to action. My one other audio cd and all other music and video seems to be working fine. I have imported other audio books from cds with no ill effects. I even tried turning off the pass through option and incoded but that just took more time, Any ideas?

Two more things. I have a G5 iMac and the previous audio books were done on ABB 1.1.5, the current conversion was done
ABB 1.2.3

Post subject: Re: Sluggish ipod
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:44 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Are you using Chapter art for your book? One change we had made to the most recent build of Audiobook Builder was allowing larger 512x512 chapter art. We did tests using a 3rd generation nano as well as the rest of the iPod devices we have in house with no ill effects.

Is there anything else about your book that might be different? does it play ok on your computer using iTunes? is there any other books you have tried using 1.2.3 on your ipod nano?

Thanks for the extra details!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:05 am 

It seems to play fine in iTunes. I am able to listen at this point on my iPod even though the delay is annoying. I will be converting another cd soon.
I will let you know if the problem persists. It may have been a problem with the original transfer from the cds to ABB. I had to redo one of them because of some dirt on one of the cd's. The cd drive would not eject the cd and I had to force a shut down to get it to eject after exhausting my other options. I had forgotten this until I started thinking back through the process. I have no idea what problems this might have caused.
By the way, I love this program, without it listening to my audio cds and my library downloads would be miserable. I know this because I tried without it.
Thank you for the help. I will get back if the I have the problem again.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:25 pm 

Up date on Nano. I have tried several more Audio book CD's and they are also slow. The longer the Audio book the slower the reaction time of the controls. I have a 12 1/2 hour book on the nano and it takes eight seconds for the Nano to respond to click wheel input. If I don't split the CDs into chapters everything is fine. The same book works fine on my wife's iPod 5th gen. I really like being able to split the CD into chapters so I can back up if I loose the thread of what is happening in the book. Any help would be appreciated. I did restore my iPod and only put the book on it with no change.