Splasm Software Discussions

a user community for the betterment of Splasmkind
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:06 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 6:21 am 

Hi!

Because the free join together from the doug scripts does not work for be, I bought the audiobook builder. unfortunately, this does not work, either?
On my MBP, it runs without any error message, but when I built my audio book and import it in iTunes, it shows no chapters! Before Building it sais 'chapters: 24, parts: 1' (well, it's in german, but that should be the translation), but iTunes does not show any chapters afterwards!
and on my macbook, it's the same. I hope somebody can help my. I bought the familiy license (found out later that my use would be covered by the normal one as well...). I 'invested' that money because I thought I rather pay a little money than fiddle around with all those free tools for a long time...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 11:53 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Are you using iTunes 7, by chance? Apple moved the Chapters display from the right side of the timeline, where it was in iTunes 6.x and before, to the menubar, to the right of the Window menu. Also, the menu does not appear until you play the chaptered track.

https://www.splasm.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 5:10 pm 

keithg wrote:
Are you using iTunes 7, by chance? Apple moved the Chapters display from the right side of the timeline, where it was in iTunes 6.x and before, to the menubar, to the right of the Window menu. Also, the menu does not appear until you play the chaptered track.

yes, I am using iTunes 7. But I know where the Chapters menu should be. I have been able to create working files with other tools... But I don't get any chapters with Audiobook Builder... I try to join m4a files, if that's making any difference.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 10:08 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

The source material won't affect Audiobook Builder's ability to create chapter stops, it just has to be QuickTime-compatible to be added to your Audiobook Builder Projects. We'll just need to gather information until we find the underlying cause for why things aren't working as expected in your case.

Could you send a few items to support@splasm.com so we can try to duplicate the issue as you're experiencing it there? We need:

1. A small test Project with two Chapters.
2. The final output of the test Project with two Chapters. Please confirm this output does not have chapter stops in iTunes.
3. A System Profiler report generated after you build the final output of step #2. To create a System Profiler report launch /Applications/Utilities/System Profiler.app and use the Save menu item in the File menu to save the report to your Desktop.

Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 9:21 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Thank you for sending the files we requested.

I was wrong when I said the source material doesn't matter. In this case the audio tracks in your AAC files were accompanied by ODSM and SDSM tracks, which Audiobook Builder wasn't disregarding as we thought it should. This led to wild difference in the length of the output compared to the sum of the input, but also resulted in a miscalculation in the number of tracks in the final output - preventing the chapter track from being properly applied. We've adjusted the code to behave as we originally intended - disabling all non-audio tracks in the source material - and your test Project now works fine.

I just sent you a link to the latest pre-release build of Audiobook Builder in a private email. This build should work as expected with your Projects. If you try it please let us know how things turn out on your end.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 11:13 am 

keithg wrote:
I was wrong when I said the source material doesn't matter. In this case the audio tracks in your AAC files were accompanied by ODSM and SDSM tracks, which Audiobook Builder wasn't disregarding as we thought it should.

Oh, I'll try to find out what ODSM and SDSM is ;)

Quote:
I just sent you a link to the latest pre-release build of Audiobook Builder in a private email. This build should work as expected with your Projects. If you try it please let us know how things turn out on your end.

Sorry, I didn't receive any mails from you. The only mail I ever got was that I successfully registered but have to wait for activation by the admin - and that I should get an email as soon as this has happened. But I didn't get this mail either.. If email doesn't work for any reason, maybe you can write me a privae message within this forum?
Thank you for your quick help.

Regards

Patrick

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 11:51 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Just sent you a private message with the pre-release build details.

Post subject: Resolved
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 4:48 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Patrick let us know that the latest pre-release build of Audiobook Builder resolved the issue for him. We'll be sure to release the fix for everyone at least before Christmas.