Splasm Software Discussions

a user community for the betterment of Splasmkind
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:04 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:20 pm 

I am not sure how to do this. I think I may be confused a little bit. From what I have read so far from the forums and the help guide. I can set it up in build to be 18 hours long? Does this mean the max amount of hours a book can be OR if I load the 36 hours of CD and set the hours to like 8 hours long I will end up with 4.5 part ?

I have built 3 books so far with the slider at 18 hours and I have been splitting each cd and then joining each chapter. The books so far have only been 10 hour long. So I en up with one file. I dont know if this is the best way to do book. so any feed back would be great. I have yet to load the books to my ipod.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 5:24 pm 

I am getting pretty frustrate at this point. I still have hope and I don't want to give up. So here is my current problem. I started loading the 36 hour long book got to disc 14 and audiobook builder crashed so I restarted it went back to my project and all the disc's I spent time loading are gone. I thought it was supposed to save after each new CD !

Next problem I am having is that the 7th CD is coming up with different information then the rest of the cds I have loaded for this audiobook. I edit it hit save and then it just reverts back to the same information. I know Itune grabs the CD info from the web and then will name everything for you. But for some reason with this CD it is giving the wrong info. I am fine with that but each time I change it and save then try to move forward it just goes back to the same old data.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 5:51 pm 

Ok please bare with me. When I import the CD into audiobook builder it shows the name of the CD then under that it shows all the tracks. My problem is ( does it matter what each 5 min track is labeled ? ) I can Rename and keep what the CD tile (ex: chapter 01 )is but all the tracks under chapter 01 I cant. Will this mess up the order that CD or Chapter plays in if the tracks are named different then the tracks in other chapters ?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:41 am 
Administrator
Administrator

By default, Each CD is combined into 1 chapter. If you would like each track in that CD to be its own chapter, you can hit the 'split' button at the top of the window and create a chapter for each track. This way, you can rename each chapter track to what you want.

The reason why you cant rename files is that the file name is lost when building the book. Only the Chapter names will remain. I hope that helps somewhat. Let us know if you need more help.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:26 pm 

Thank you, that defiantly answered me question :)

1 ) My other questions were about the 36 hours long book. Is the limit on building a audio book only 18 like the slider option shows or is that each part?

2 ) Also is there away to change audiobuilder to save after each new CD? because when it crashes on me I lose all cds I down laoded before it.What I have been doing now is stopping the imports and saving after each CD i put in.

Thank you so much for your help.Also thank for making Audiobook Builder for mac !!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:01 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

The limit is per part. If your book is 36 hours and your set quality allows for 18 hour parts, you will end up with 2 parts. The part size cap is there because of a playback limitation inherent to Apple's portable devices.

We do have an autosave setting that will save after each CD import. You can find it in the preferences. Unfortunately though with the recent changes in multiple CD import, the auto save between each CD wasn't working correctly. We have it fixed in the latest beta, which i will email the link to you.