Splasm Software Discussions

a user community for the betterment of Splasmkind
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:59 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Problem with brightening
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 5:44 am 

I am a new user of Brightness Control 1.0.3 with a Dell 2405FPW and Tiger 10.4.2. For the first day, the program seemed to work well. Now, all of a sudden, when I launch BC at a setting of 1.0, the screen seems to brighten and lose contrast. Dimming the slider reduces overall brightness but the screen appears grayed. What may be happening is that when BC is launched, it activates the generic RGB profile rather than the the darker, calibrated profile I have created and chosen. I say this because if I choose "Generic RGB" for my profile I don't see the brightening effect when I launch BC that I get when my custom profile is chosen. Any thoughts, ideas or suggestions would be much appreciated.

P.S. I just discovered if I launch at 1.0 with "Smooth" checked, the immediate brightening sometimes doesn't happen (but this is inconsistent). However, as soon as I click on the slider, the brightening happens!

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 1:52 am 

I'm having the same issue. Am I correct in assuming that this program changes settings in the color calibration?

My VERY carefully calibrated color for my VERY crappy display can't be tampered with or everything looks ludicrously ugly.

It would be better if the program could either modify the selected color profile, or even just a floating black overlay across the displays that became more or less transparent. ...again, not ideal for color, but not as bad as switching to a default profile first.

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 2:33 am 

Oh, never mind. There are already programs that handle both of my ideas.

DarkAdapted offers per-channel, per-display gamma control ($10), allowing the program to recognize my existing color calibrations, and then adjust them.

Shades will cover the display with a semi-transparent color overlay. Shades even allows for global hotkeys. I just used FunctionFlip to change my brightness keys back to function keys, and then set those function keys to control Shades. Viola! My brightness keys can control brightness on both displays.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2023 10:42 pm 

you guys can also see more here modded apk games for android free download , with a lot of light changing features and you are having