|Splasm Software Press Kit||Jump to section: Our Products | Media|
|Download the PDF version||Updated on 12/23/2018|
Why the name “Splasm”?
Software is so full of potential. It's a blast to let it grow, organically, above and so far beyond the original vision of its creators. We threw around words like adaptive, organic, primitive, protoplasm - and many more - until splasm popped into mind. It sounded fun and just felt right. It's gooey, primordial, without form - but it's full of infinite, mind-blowing possibilities. Now it's on the move and it won't stop until it's reached your wildest expectations!
Who Is Splasm Software?
Splasm Software began in 1999 as a partnership between Keith Gugliotto and Randy Knoble. The partnership incorporated in 2005. The company continues to grow with the addition of a part-time Marketing employee in 2010 and a full-time Customer Support employee in 2011.
What Does Splasm Software Do?
Splasm Software crafts simple, powerful applications that provide instant value and stay out of the way so users can just get on with it. We develop our products and ourselves organically - constantly growing and improving. Our ears are open to user feedback, our minds are tightly focused on quality and our hearts are committed to creating time-saving productivity software and providing excellent support for users.
Current titles include:
- CheckBook, destined to free folks from medieval personal finance management.
- CheckBook Pro, adds advanced functionality to CheckBook.
- Audiobook Builder, the easy way to create iPod-friendly Audiobooks.
- ViddyUp!, the iPod & Apple TV video wrangler with some sweet extras.
- Brightness Control, a screen dimmer.
- Dasher, a utility to activate Dashboard when the Mac is idle.
- Griddle, a fast and handy pixel grid generator.
Where is Splasm Software Located?
Splasm is headquartered in Birmingham, Alabama.
Where is Splasm Software Going?
Splasm intends to enhance its three core products: CheckBook, CheckBook Pro & Audiobook Builder while exploring new opportunities on both the macOS and iOS platforms.
How to Contact Splasm Software
P.O. Box 693
Birmingham, AL 35201
"Where does all my money go?" you've asked yourself. You've written it down in your paper check register but it can't sort and categorize your transactions and it will never balance itself. You've tried medieval torture devices like Quicken® but they're so full of features you'll never use that it's actually painful just to enter the raw data.
What you really need is a friendly personal finance tool that gets the basics just right and keeps things simple. That's where we come in. Introducing CheckBook 2, the powerfully simple personal finance manager.
- Friendly, single-window interface keeps you focused with all major features just a click or two away instead of hiding in menus where you can’t find them.
- QuickFilter, an advanced search field that turns “those other search fields” on their ear.
- Account Summaries, customized reports to help you visualize where your money came from and where it’s going.
- Categories, giving you the power to group your transactions as you see fit for more accurate reporting.
- Splits, with support for categories in each line item.
- Transfers between accounts.
- Printing that works, so you can print all the transactions in a given account, the current filter results or the selected Account Summary.
- OFX, QIF and CSV/Text import, so you can easily import bank statements or migrate from Quicken and many other personal finance apps.
- Multiple currency support, including support for transfers between accounts with different currencies.
- And more!
Single-user: US $14.95
Family Pack: US $24.95
Minimum: Mac OS X 10.6 or later
When you need more than a basic check register and reporting tool, try on CheckBook Pro, featuring everything in CheckBook, our powerfully simple personal finance manager, and then some. Want a summary of all your accounts at once? How about an advanced search based on any combination of criteria? What if you'd like to change the date or description for a group of transactions in a single stroke? With CheckBook Pro's simply powerful data management tools it's just plain easy.
In addition to CheckBook's feature set:
- Smart Folders - search your data using any combination of criteria.
- Folders - group or archive your Entries any way you want.
- Global Account Summaries - reports on all your Accounts.
- Global Scheduled Entries Reminder - manage all your pending Scheduled Entries at once.
- Multiple Entry Change - quickly change the details for all items in the current selection.
Single-user: US $24.95
Family Pack: US $39.95
Minimum: Mac OS X 10.6 or later
Traveling to and from work, while exercising, or waiting in line - find your smile in a book with Audiobook Builder!
Audiobook Builder makes it easy to turn audio CDs and files into audiobooks for your iPhone®, iPad®, or other Apple® devices. Join audio, create enhanced chapter stops, adjust quality settings, and let Audiobook Builder handle the rest. When it finishes you get one or a few audiobook tracks in iTunes® instead of hundreds or even thousands of music tracks!
- Audio File Joining: Already ripped your CDs to M4A or M4B? Don't suffer through it again. Drag your audio tracks straight to Audiobook Builder. If their audio formats match and they're encoded with a constant bit rate Audiobook Builder can quickly join them instead of re-encoding.
- Enhanced Chapter Stops: Give your audiobooks that special touch by grouping your audio files into chapters with custom names and artwork. Apple devices and iTunes usually give you controls to move quickly between chapters while playing your audiobooks.
- Adjustable Quality Settings: Get started with Audiobook Builder's built-in quality presets or customize the audio settings to your personal taste.
- iTunes Integration: Drag & drop straight from iTunes to Audiobook Builder and build directly to the Books section in iTunes.
OS X 10.11 or later
Wondering how to make the most of your video-capable iPod® or Apple TV™? Looking for an easy way to make your video clips work with iTunes®? Need a general-purpose MPEG-4 and H.264 export tool? Not sure how to get the best results from QuickTime® Pro?
Say 'howdy pardner' to ViddyUp!, the iPod & Apple TV video wrangler.
ViddyUp! is the easy way to load up your iPod or Apple TV with home movies or content from around the web. Just drag your clips to the ViddyUp! window, tweak a setting or two (if you want), then let ViddyUp! get to work. iPod or Apple TV-friendly versions of each clip show up in a special playlist in iTunes, ready to sync.
ViddyUp! easily handles dozens of files with its batch processing mode and even works with MPEG muxed audio. And, with the Custom encoding option, you're free to create MPEG-4 and H.264 files for iPod, Apple TV, iTunes, Podcasts or the Web. It's up to you!
- Works with all QuickTime-compatible files, and then some, but doesn’t require QuickTime Pro.
- Creates MPEG-4 and H.264 files for iPod and Apple TV.
- Batch processing.
- MPEG muxed audio support.
- Automatic and manual cropping.
- Variable quality settings: high-quality for iPod, low-quality for Podcasts.
- H.264 singlepass and multipass, with better multipass performance than other QuickTime- based products.
- iTunes integration: sends each file to a special ViddyUp! playlist in iTunes.
Mac OS X 10.4 or later
Get Brightness Control, a nifty tool for dimming all your Mac's displays with one slider. Using Brightness Control is a great way to be considerate when sharing a room.
Brightness Control is also useful to persons suffering from Photophobia-when severe pain is experienced from light. In 2011, Splasm Software was contacted by a patient being treated at The Boston Foundation for Sight. Below are her words:
"My writing was just with the intent of thanking you for something that really makes a difference in my life and the amount of pain I experience when trying to use the computer. Maybe your next program would be Brightness Control that would work on the sun too. :) Anyway [...] It would be a great joy to know that others might be helped by using your program.
Brightness Control allows users to dim their displays, even without official video or display drivers.
Mac OS X 10.4 or later
Wouldn't it be neat if Dashboard popped up by itself after a certain amount of system idle time? It will be pretty neat indeed, right after you download and install Dasher, a preference pane that gets your Dash' on automatically!
Dasher activates the Mac's Dashboard after a specified idle period.
Mac OS X 10.4 or later
Griddle is the fast and handy pixel grid generator - perfect for your graphics applications and projects. Step aside, overlay grids - now you can bend, warp and integrate grids directly into your work! And say goodbye to the pain of measuring the effects of filters, such as Photoshop's Liquify, where overlay grids aren't even available.
- Custom grid size and origin
- Major and minor grid layers with discrete line color, opacity and style settings
- Drag & drop, copy & paste or save your grid to a file
Single-user: US $1.99
Mac OS X 10.6.6 or later
Use the following media when publishing any material concerning Splasm Software and its products. These images may be scaled, cropped and bordered as necessary. If additional media are required, please contact Keith Gugliotto at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Logos, Icons and Screenshots
|Splasm Logo, 167x65 Pixels||Splasm Logo, 334x130 Pixels|
Splasm Logo, 668x260 Pixels
|Splasm S logo, 260x260 Pixels, 130x130 Pixels, and 65x65 Pixels|
CheckBook Logo, 502x150 Pixels
CheckBook Icons, 256x256 Pixels, 128x128 Pixels, and 64x64 Pixels
CheckBook Pro Logo, 574x150 Pixels
CheckBook Pro Icons, 256x256 Pixels, 128x128 Pixels, and 64x64 Pixels
CheckBook Pro Screenshot
Audiobook Builder Logo, 444x200 Pixels
Audiobook Builder Icons, 256x256 Pixels, 128x128 Pixels, and 64x64 Pixels
Audiobook Builder Screenshot
ViddyUp! Logo, 512x206 Pixels
ViddyUp! Icons, 256x256 Pixels, 128x128 Pixels, and 64x64 Pixels
Griddle Icons, 256x256 Pixels, 128x128 Pixels, and 64x64 Pixels
Brightness Control Icons, 128x128 Pixels, 80x80 Pixels, and 64x64 Pixels
Dasher Icons, 128x128 Pixels, 80x80 Pixels, and 64x64 Pixels