Splasm Software Discussions

a user community for the betterment of Splasmkind
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:26 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 4:02 am 

I have a long list of scheduled items. I made a mistake in that I had the Look Ahead set to 90 days and then committed all the items. I have selected and deleted the extra 2 months worth of entries from the register. I have tried to reset the Next Entry date on the schedule but have been unable to do so. Is there a way to do this? Do I have to delete and re-create each entry in the schedule? Is there a way to set the Look Ahead so that it will just enter for the current month or to make the entry automatic as each due date is reached?
Thanks
Peter

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 10:55 am 
Administrator
Administrator

If you want your Scheduled Entries to pick back up from a certain date, you'll just change the Start Date to what you want the Next Entry date to be. To do this, select the Entry from the Schedule and hit the Change button. Then, type the new date into the field labeled 'Start Date'. Hit OK and you'll see that new Start Date displayed as the Next Entry date in the Schedule.

Now, you can set the Look Ahead slider so that the next months' worth of Entries is displayed, but it will be all the Entries that are scheduled from today's date forward a month in time and not just what's left for the current month.

Also, there's no way to have CheckBook commit the Scheduled Entries for the current month automatically. However, you can simply double-click on the reminder badge that shows up next to your Account when a scheduled Entry rolls around to commit it rather than going all the way into the Scheduled section.

http://www.splasm.com

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 1:39 pm 

Thanks for that. I did try that and it made no difference. I have solved the problem for now by restoring the account from a backup and doing the job properly this time!

But thanks for the help.

Peter

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 3:14 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Glad to hear that you had a Backup that helped get you back where you needed to be!

Really I guess my suggestion would've only worked if you duplicated each Scheduled Entry and then changed the Start Date. Sorry to lead you down a dead-end that you already explored.

http://www.splasm.com

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:59 pm 

I have the same problem, however, my backup is from this morning before all the changes I made today... don't want to restore and loose the changes as it will be difficult to re-create today's work. Right now it is pointing to Nov 2017, so if there is no good way to fix this, I guess I will just have to recreate the scheduled items.

A better way would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Chet

PS - Great product, used since 2013 and tell all my friend about it.