Splasm Software Discussions

a user community for the betterment of Splasmkind
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:36 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Money Bug App
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:11 pm 

Somewhere on here, I read about a new app for the iPhone called MoneyBug that was supposed to be available in early 2011. I understand that it works in sync with Checkbook Pro. Is that out yet?

Thanks for a great product!
Cynthia

Post subject: Re: Money Bug App
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:59 am 
Administrator
Administrator

MoneyBug is not out yet. Testing is going well with CheckBook 2.2, which contains an overhauled data structure designed to sync with MoneyBug. Work has been commencing in the area of tracking modifications and removal of data on individual clients (Macs or iDevices running MoneyBug) to improve the sync reliability and experience.

We have recently ironed out some Scheduling issues that had cropped up, and are chugging along in our progress. We know people have been waiting quite a while for a solution for the iPhone, but we want to make doubly sure we release something that doesn't jeopardize our user's data and turn our users into unwilling beta testers.

We look forward to the release!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:24 am 

Well it's mid 2012 now and haven't heard any updates or release date on the iPad version of Checkbook Pro called "Moneybug". Lately the huge release has been MoneyWiz which not only came out with an iPad and iPhone app but within the last couple months a Mac version! Really hate to switch but the temptation is incredible to do so especially since this new product has "sync everything". Please give us updates as well as if this product is dead or not so we won't be waiting for it and can move on. Really love your product but since your last post I've seen at least a couple updates on the mac version but no word on the iPad version. Thanks.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:01 pm 

Unfortunately, I am in the same boat. I love CBP and want to stick with it - - it really is the most full-featured money management app out there. However, given that I spend less and less time at my Mac, I've been forced to try to find workarounds to daily account management that I can access through my iPhone/iPad. I really would hate to switch and am just looking for some glimmer of light that Moneybug really is somewhere in the works.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:28 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

MoneyBug is still in development, but hopefully coming soon. We have a prototype that works really well, but we're still working hard on getting the syncing capabilities just right in CheckBook Pro for the Mac. As soon as we can push CheckBook Pro 2.5 out the door, we'll be able to focus fully on ironing out the remaining kinks in the mobile version. So, yeah, the release is still up in the air for the iOS app, but we're shooting for having everything ready later on this year.

Just after Randy's post on here, we had to readjust our release timeline for MoneyBug since we couldn't get the syncing ready for 2.2. Here's the blog post that goes into greater detail about everything: http://www.splasmata.com/?p=1363

Feel free to check back at Splasmata later on for news on stuff like MoneyBug and any other upcoming releases. Also, if you send an email to us at support@splasm.com, we can get you added to our email notification list for when MoneyBug is released. Thanks for hanging in there!

http://www.splasm.com

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:11 am 

Thanks for the update. I'll hang in there in the meantime. Until then, if there are any screenshots that could be shared (even if subject to change), I know that people would probably appreciate it.

Thanks again.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:18 am 

Allan W. wrote:
...As soon as we can push CheckBook Pro 2.5 out the door, we'll be able to focus fully on ironing out the remaining kinks in the mobile version.

Uh Oh. "2.5?" we're only up to 2.3.2, no? That leaves an awful lot of leeway, I fear. I'm already an old man. I may not have that much time to wait.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:13 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Version 2.5 is the very next version to be released. We're about to move into beta testing for it in the next couple of weeks, so look for that update in the next month or so.

http://www.splasm.com

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:27 pm 

Really getting tired of the empty promises... please get MoneyBug done and released... maybe it will be out in time for my grandkids to use it...

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 8:51 am 

What's the best/most convenient mobile app to use with Checkbook (until Moneybug appears) please?

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 6:17 pm 

Pocket Money and XpenseTracker are okay, but you have to export and import via qif files. There is nothing that works directly with CBPro.

As you can see from the dates on this thread, an iOS version of CBPro will never be produced, despite the promises.

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 2:44 pm 

Thanks for the advice, I'll have a look at those apps.

prider wrote:
an iOS version of CBPro will never be produced, despite the promises.

Yes, it does seem that even the promises have stopped and it's time to let it go and move on :|