Splasm Software Discussions

a user community for the betterment of Splasmkind
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:34 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Markings
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:31 pm 

I am a new user of Audiobook Builder and encountered the following problem: Audio books have frequent markings (usually at few minute intervals) dividing the CD into short segments to enable moving from one segment to the next. When using Audiobook builder these markings disappear. Is there a way to retain them?
Furthermore, trying to return to a beginning of a chapter sends me all the way to the beginning of the book.

Post subject: Re: Markings
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:00 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

By default, Audiobook Builder puts a chapter marker per CD, and not per file on the CD. After you import the CD, you can click on the Chapter marker that represents the Cd and then hit the 'Split' button at the top of the window. This will split every file in the CD into its own chapter.

For this to work, you also have to make sure you are importing each CD as individual files, and not as one file. Those settings are on the import screen when you import the CD into Audiobook Builder.

I hope this helps!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:51 pm 

I have imported 8 CDs as files and when I look at the files (in the Chapters button) that were created in Audiobook builder I see each section (which is about 3 minutes in length) as a separate line (about 20 sections or so per CD). I am unable, however, to use the "split" button no matter what I do since it is dimmed all the time.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:33 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

If you hit the arrow button next to the burgundy bookmark icon so it points down, you should see a list of the files contained in that chapter. The split button will not be available if there is only one file in the chapter you selected. if there is more than one file contained in the chapter, you want to select that chapter name with the burgundy colored bookmark icon next to it, and the split button should be available to you.

If every name has a little burgundy bookmark icon next to it, they have already been separated into chapters.

If none of the above works, there may be another issue we haven't seen yet. If that is the case, email us at support@splasm.com and we can get into more details on what is happening on your end.