Splasm Software Discussions

a user community for the betterment of Splasmkind
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:08 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Positive Feedback
PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:05 pm 

I am new user of Splasm Checkbook program. I have been using Quicken 99 for the PC since 99. I liked it's ease of use and it's look. When I moved to a Mac several years ago I still needed to use Windows as well as Quicken. I did purchase Quicken for the Mac and was deeply disappointed. However my wife found it OK and still uses it.

Recently I started purchasing more Mac based programs to limit Windows use. I went to check on if Quicken was improved and found they no longer are updating Quicken for the Mac. I then decided to Google a basic checkbook program. The Splasm came up quickly with positive reviews. I found one reviewer comparing this with another but it had way too much extra stuff I didn't need. All I wanted was a basic checkbook.

I downloaded the trial version to see if I was going to like it. I did find it basic but that's what I was going for. It actually imported my Quicken QIF formatted file. It wasn't quite right so I decided to start over with my last statement. I would duplicate both in Splasm and Quicken 99. Last week I purchase the software. Today was my first reconcile statement. Went easy and no errors. I decided to check out this forum and found something I was looking for. The changing of text color and fonts. Now I have it looking better with larger text and Arial Font with black text. I did play with other deposit colors but went back to green. I don't know if there is a negative balance color which would be nice but I can live with this.

Thanks for nice simple program that doesn't break the bank on cost.. :D :D :D

Larry

Post subject: Re: Positive Feedback
PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:20 am 
Administrator
Administrator

It's great to see such positivity on here!

Even though you've moved to inputting data manually, we'd be happy to explore the QIF import issue with you, if you like. More often that not, Import Options can be tweaked to get things to show up just right. To move forward in that regard, just give us some more information about what didn't look as it was expected to by posting here or contacting us via email support (support@splasm.com).

Also, even though you said you can live without it, I just wanted to point out that a red negative balance option isn't currently available but we plan on looking into incorporating that sort of functionality into a future release.

Thanks!

http://www.splasm.com