Splasm Software Discussions

a user community for the betterment of Splasmkind
It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 8:10 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:26 am 

In the previous version of CB if I selected Backup and set a directory, then it would remember the directory for future sessions. (I used to back mine up to a cloud application)

It seems that this version now keeps the directory that I was last looking at; which changes on an hourly basis as my system is busy.

Any chance you could put it back to the way it was?
Cheers
Dave

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:15 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

What you're describing is typical behavior for the saving of files from different applications—on the Mac, Save location settings are all maintained throughout. So, with backing-up from the previous version, this behavior was the same for the 'Backup'-equivalent 'Backup Accounts…' option.

The thing about the 'Backup' and 'Backup Accounts' option is that those options are saving a copy of your Accounts data file, while maybe what you're talking about was the Change option in the Advanced Preferences which was used to simply change where your main Accounts file that's always used when the application's running gets stored. For an equivalent to the old Change option, use the 'Move To…' selection under the File menu. With your Accounts document moved to your cloud location with 'Move To...', you'll be able to consistently open up that file from where it is in the cloud without any need for constantly backing-up since changes are all saved automatically (cloud-services like Dropbox even maintain numerous saved versions at a time).

http://www.splasm.com