Splasm Software Discussions

a user community for the betterment of Splasmkind
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:20 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Post subject: Re: iPhone app
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 6:50 am 

Been waiting for a very long time...

Excuse after excuse.

The devs keep going, and wait, iOS 6 will be out - gotta test it. iOS 6 offers xyz, gotta make it compliant. iCloud, oh new iCloud feature - lets make sure it works, iPhone 5 - new screen size - gotta make it fit. Oh Mountain Lion, iPad mini - oh gotta make it compliant... etc.

If you keep putting it off, you will NEVER release the app. Why not release it with simple syncing at first (wifi between one machine)? Then maybe you will have customers back and paying for the App - which may motivate you to continue developing it at a faster clip!

You are NOT Blizzard. I can't believe that you compared yourself to them. Small developers live and die off of their small customer base. Blizzard has created history, and people like me just plopped down $100 for the limited edition of Diablo III after waiting over 12 years.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 7:08 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

I actually never compared ourselves with Blizzard. I just mentioned their names when it comes to not being very good at adhering to projected dates for milestones. It was suppose to be in jest and I am sorry you took it negatively.

If you are at all unhappy with CheckBook or CheckBook Pro, you can email us at Support@splasm.com and we can work with you directly or even begin a refund for you if you ordered through our store. If you ordered through the Mac App Store, you will need to seek the a refund through Apple themselves at: http://www.apple.com/support/mac/app-store/

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:53 am 

I spoke to the developers at Macworld in January 2012. I was told an iOS app was on the way. 6 months later and no app. Years after iOS and no app. Come on guys. Release it, or tell us you won't have an app. I need to decide if I should migrate to another solution. Your desktop app is simple and straightforward. I want that on my iOS devices, but I'm tired of waiting.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:25 pm 

switcherMark wrote:
I spoke to the developers at Macworld in January 2012. I was told an iOS app was on the way. 6 months later and no app. Years after iOS and no app. Come on guys. Release it, or tell us you won't have an app. I need to decide if I should migrate to another solution. Your desktop app is simple and straightforward. I want that on my iOS devices, but I'm tired of waiting.

You're peeing into the wind, my friend.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:23 pm 

I just found you through Macbundler today. CBP would be about the only program I'd use, so I'm looking at purchasing it stand-alone.

However, I'd love to know what the chances of a mobile app coming out soon are.

Thanks!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:57 pm 

EmptyJay wrote:
I just found you through Macbundler today. CBP would be about the only program I'd use, so I'm looking at purchasing it stand-alone.

However, I'd love to know what the chances of a mobile app coming out soon are.

Thanks!

That will depend on your interpretation of the word "soon." Look, Splasm is a tiny company trying to do a lot for a lot of users, but the advent of an iOS version has become a joke here on the boards. No doubt, SOMETHING will arrive sooner or later. Just get used to the sound of crickets.

Other than that, CBP rocks! I'm waiting it out.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:11 am 

t3rockhall wrote:
That will depend on your interpretation of the word "soon." Look, Splasm is a tiny company trying to do a lot for a lot of users, but the advent of an iOS version has become a joke here on the boards. No doubt, SOMETHING will arrive sooner or later. Just get used to the sound of crickets.

Other than that, CBP rocks! I'm waiting it out.

I did read this whole thread, which is why I asked here.

I'm currently using GnuCash, which has no iOS version either. Recent events have demonstrated my need for something better suited to a simple(r) checkbook program. So far CBP is about the best Mac program I've looked at. I was trying to get a feel for a recent status.

I'll probably be buying CBP soon and probably not even as a part of the bundle...

Post subject: Re: iPhone app [Edited]
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:34 pm 

EmptyJay wrote:
I'll probably be buying CBP soon and probably not even as a part of the bundle...

Why do you people keep waiting?!

Good Lord, there are better options out there, and these people are [redacted] an iOS version.

Move on, already: [redacted].

[redacted]

[redacted]

Splasm isn't going to change until it hits their bottom line, so stop buying from them already.

Kirk

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:49 pm 

magnanamus wrote:
It is really, really quiet about the iPhone app. Did you give up?

Wow... no progress on this in OVER TWO YEARS. What a blown opportunity by Splasm... moving on... I am freaking tired of waiting.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:16 am 

Yea, I'll admit that even I am getting tired. I'm a big fan and supporter of CBPro, but this is getting old. Wish they'd just 'fess up that there will be no iOS version so we can at least quit expecting one and move on. :?

PGRider

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:26 am 

DWF wrote:
magnanamus wrote:
It is really, really quiet about the iPhone app. Did you give up?

Wow... no progress on this in OVER TWO YEARS. What a blown opportunity by Splasm... moving on... I am freaking tired of waiting.

It's actually three (3!!!) years since I wrote that.

Moving on. Nothing to see here.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:59 am 
Administrator
Administrator

We understand your concerns. I, personally, have stopped using products over the years when their developers didn't meet my expectations, and I've steered users toward other options when I felt they were appropriate. However, this is a place to share tips for using our products with other users, and for sending us constructive feedback for making our products better. It's not suited to calling us [redacted] or advertising [redacted]. We've removed the parts of Kirk's post that we feel aren't appropriate here and we're locking this topic.

The bottom line on CheckBook for iOS: it's our top priority after CheckBook 2.5, which is very near complete. I have accepted full responsibility for repeatedly announcing CheckBook for iOS would ship by a certain date. I have apologized. CheckBook for iOS is in development and we will announce more details when we're ready.

Please share your concerns with us directly at customerservice@splasm.com, but focus on support tips and constructive feedback here.

https://www.splasm.com

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5