Splasm Software Discussions

a user community for the betterment of Splasmkind
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:50 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 2:49 am 

Is there any way that the Check/Cheque column can be removed.
Cheques are getting to be like the Dodo here in New Zealand :-)
I'm sure we aren't the only ones.

Having the option to colour the minus balances in the account drawer would be helpful too. (Mortgage & Credit Card)

Beaut software though, Thanks.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 12:24 pm 

It does not look like the developer listens to anybody out of the USA.
I also support the remotion of the checks/cheques (I wrote my last one three years ago..) and the addition of a currency per account.
One does not need to be a billionaire or a currency trader to have accounts in different currencies, in the rest of the world (am in Belgium)...
I still like this software, but I am now seriously contemplating moving to stuff like Money, as it offers currencies, a single password and not having the checks/cheques...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 1:42 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Sue:

It's not possible to remove the Check column in CheckBook - yet. This will be possible in CheckBook 2.0, which we are actively developing. Current builds of CheckBook 2.0 already support showing/hiding columns, including the Check column.

ThufirHawat:

We always listen to our users, regardless of their locale, very carefully - though we may not personally answer every suggestion. We appreciate the input our users give to us and spend considerable effort translating that feedback into usable features.

I admit we have not implemented the features to address some feedback as quickly as some users - or we - would have liked. We will answer many, many feature requests in CheckBook 2.0. And believe it or not, CheckBook 2.0 will be here soon.

CheckBook will support multiple currencies. Look for this in either CheckBook 2.0 or a minor maintenance update shortly thereafter.

CheckBook already supports a single, global password. This feature has been available since version 1.5. You can find the interface for the global password in CheckBook's preferences, under the Security tab. The global password is an additional layer of security and does not override per-Account passwords, so if you would like to use it as a single password to unlock all Accounts at once you will need to remove the password from each Account.

As always we appreciate your feedback. You're welcome to discuss your concerns here, or privately with us at feedback@splasm.com.

https://www.splasm.com

Post subject: Apologies...
PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 2:25 pm 

Dear Keith,
thank you so much for your answer and so sorry for bothering you.
I did not want to be a pain in the neck...
By the way, thank you for the tip on the single password: I had been misled by the fact that one may set a password per account and so I overlooked the simpler password setting.
I will instantly proceed to use it.
I am quite re-assured that there will be different currencies and I am positively delighted I will also be able to get rid of the supremely (for me) useless check # column.
Will be very happy to pay an upgrade fee, of course.
Now on the currencies: if you want to easily download exchange rates, ask these guys or look their product up:
http://www.mabasoft.net/downloads/euroAssistantPro.html
because theirs is the best technology for downloading exchange rates I have seen, with a plan A, B and C [you'll see what I mean when you use it]...
In the program "Money" this is instead badly implemented (you actually have to manually set the exchange rate...).

Thank you again and Happy New Year!

Massimo from Belgium (but I am Italian)