Splasm Software Discussions

a user community for the betterment of Splasmkind
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:03 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 11:40 pm 

I have my columns spaced perfectly in one account, but I'd like them to be the same in every account without having to manually set the columns up again (and compare the columns to make sure they are even.) Is there any way to do this currently, or implement this in a future release?

Thanks for the awesome app. I've stopped using Quicken for the first time since I was in high school. (Not that long ago, but still...)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 11:48 pm 

Also, I noticed that I can change the font for the entries in the list (yay for 10pt Myriad!) but I can't change the font for the account listing, nor can I adjust the width of the account listing columns. I'm a poor college student who doesn't need those wide columns, and I'm very conservative in terms of screen-space usage. Any ability to shrink the width and font of the account list tray would be great!

edit: well, i can adjust the width of the account names just fine. sorry for overlooking that. I can't, however, make the balance column as small as I'd like. It'll go bigger, but not smaller. Any help on this?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 11:51 pm 

Another thing I was thinking of:

One thing I did like about quicken was the ability to have a running-balance column. I don't know if this has been brought up before, but I kinda like it. I know you can show a running balance in the bottom info pane, but the column is kinda cool. Dunno how anyone else feels about it

I also think it would be handy to have multiple displays at the bottom of the window. i.e. having 2 or 3 (or the option to show multiples) info displays, such as the balance, running balance, and today's total all visible, but obviously separated so as not to confuse the numbers.

Hmmm... still love this app.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 1:53 am 

I agree with this. I would love to see this be done I think that it makes the interface that much better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 2:55 pm 

Still waiting on this one. :(

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 9:55 am 

Just bought CheckBook 2.0. Still no love with getting columns to be "universally" spaced between accounts. :(

Also, the new icons in the account listing are great for folks with Cinema displays, but they use way too much space on my MacBook Pro. Any way to get those removed? Also, how about getting the ability to modify font size for account names/amounts? Argh!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 12:15 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

We have had a feature freeze on CheckBook 2.0 for quite some time, to make sure we could get it out without us continuing to add features and push it farther into the future.

We did add the running balance column in 2.0, and also adjusted the balance widths on the account drawer to be more dynamic than it used to be. We do use the account icon space to show a number badge of pending schedule items, but we will look into minimizing our horizontal screen usage. You can also turn off unimportant or unused columns using the column button at the far right side of the header bar to save some space.

We are now starting to compile fresh lists of the most requested features and always appreciate the feedback. We wont be able to announce timeframes on any features, but we assure you that we do consider every request that comes to us.

Thanks again for your feature requests, its the community that makes a strong application even stronger.