Splasm Software Discussions

a user community for the betterment of Splasmkind
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:01 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:43 pm 

I have two Macs running CPB, a MacBook Air running Big Sur (CheckBook Pro 2.7.23 (1073), and an iMac running Monterey (CheckBook Pro 2.7.23 (1072). The two instances of CheckBook Pro synch via Apple's iCloud Drive. The synched data file on iCloud Drive is a single document, which contains two credit union accounts. This setup has worked well for three years. I write about a display challenge.

I prefer to view the check register as one did a paper register, with the most recent transactions at the bottom. The CheckBook Pro instance on the MacBook Air displays both accounts as I wish. The instance on the iMac, however, displays only one account correctly: in the other account, no matter how I set the carat at the top of the "Date" column and move the slider at the right edge of the register, upon quitting and relaunching the application, this account always appears with the slider at the top right. To begin any work or entry, I always have to move the slider to the bottom.

It may be relevant that the iMac instance was originally bought directly from Splasm (my license number was/is 1876253703). I later learned that only the Apple version would synch between computers, and that Apple permits an AppleID user with several devices to download multiple instances if they're to be used on multiple computers for personal use. I then downloaded the App Store version for the MacBook Air. Synching began as I wished.

When I began this email, I noticed that the two instances had slightly-different version numbers. I followed the suggestion in this question https://www.splasm.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6983, deleted the CBP instance on the iMac, and then downloaded it again from the App Store to the iMac.

After this download, the iMac's CBP instance became v. 2.7.23 (1073), same as the instance on the MacBook Air. The check register displayed on the iMac, however, continues to return the slider in the upper position on one of the two credit union accounts.

I generated a current system report for the iMac, but the report is an .spx file and this forum software refuses to attach it, saying "The extension spx is not allowed." I could easily send it by email.

This isn't earth-shattering, but it is annoying. Is there anything I might do to have the problematic account display as I wish on the iMac?

Thanks,

David Brick
Santa Cruz CA

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2023 5:00 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

By "slider" do you mean the scrollbar? If so, it may be helpful to know that, at launch, CheckBook Pro is setup scroll the view to where the entry that was left selected is visible. So, you might try clicking once over your latest entry in the one Account, then immediately quitting and relaunching, to see if that has any impact. If not, perhaps it'd be good for us to see before and after screenshots so we can better understand the issue—you can send those along with any additional details or reports you think would be helpful to support@splasm.com.

http://www.splasm.com

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2023 5:21 pm 

Thanks, Allan. Yes, by "slider" I did mean "scrollbar."

I just tried as you suggest, and indeed CBP opens to display the register as it appeared upon quitting: scrollbar at the bottom, most recent entry highlighted. That's the state I want, so I'll make sure that's what's showing when I quit the app.

Thanks for your help.