Splasm Software Discussions

a user community for the betterment of Splasmkind
It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:24 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Generating reports
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:41 am 

I've been using CBP for many years and generally I am perfectly satisfied with what it does - and doesn't - do. The one exception to that is report writing. I want to take a years worth of activity from several different accounts (checking and credit card, for example) and sort by payee or date or whatever. I have never been able to make heads or tails of CBP's report generating function. Maybe it's just me but it seems awkward at best.

Has anyone figured out a way to do this? Each year toward year end this becomes a more pressing issue. Is this the year I decide that missing this function is enough to get me looking for some other app??

Thanks,

Marc

Post subject: Re: Generating reports
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:16 pm 

Not sure just exactly what you are looking for, but you can filter summaries in most any way you can imagine and also group by to/from, date, etc. You can generate summaries [reports as you call them] for all accounts by clicking on the All Accounts tab in the drawer or by selecting an individual account. You cannot generate summaries for multiple accounts [unless you select All Accounts].

Not sure if this helps. But I have been sending these summaries to my accountant for years as she prepares my taxes. She thinks I am brilliant for doing so! :lol:

Post subject: Re: Generating reports
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:04 pm 

Thanks for this but I can't make it work in any way that would be of value to my accountant! Glad it works for you! Perhaps it's that I do a lot of transfers among several accounts and I can't seem to filter those trx out. Honestly, it doesn't seem worth the work. I'll see if there's some other software that generates reports more easily. Again, thanks for the help.

Marc