Splasm Software Discussions

a user community for the betterment of Splasmkind
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:25 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Specifying Date Ranges
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 6:55 pm 

When I try to reconcile an account, Checkbook limits the range of dates shown. My statement does not begin or end with a specific month's beginning (1st) or ending (31st), for example, but I can't make Checkbook show the necessary date range. And in routine transaction entry mode I cannot seem to limit the range of dates shown so Checkbook doesn't display several months of entries. I know there's a setting somewhere that I am missing. Please help this newbie! Thanks!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:52 pm 

You can specify date ranges using the filter located at the upper right of the register. This applies to reconciling as well, so you can specify that only unreconciled entries are shown, and are thus not dependent on specific dates. Just click on the magnifying glass to bring up a list parameters to help in your search/filter.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 6:25 am 

Thank you! I had seen that but couldn't recall where and then couldn't find it again. It would be a big improvement to the Checkbook user interface if what looks like a standard generic way to enter a search term was somehow labeled to show its hidden additional functionality. A magnifying glass search icon that becomes a drop-down menu is not standard in most software and it is easy to overlook. It needs a better indicator of its expanded features. BTW my career was in IT user support.