Splasm Software Discussions

a user community for the betterment of Splasmkind
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:12 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:58 am 

I'm at the end of the useful life of my version of quickbooks. I don't need all of it's functionality and am looking for something simpler like Quicken, Checkbook Pro, or Mint Bills. CBP looks nice but the other two programs offer auto bank and credit card feeds which is a huge convenience and time saver. So given the options I'm wondering why I would want to try to keep up with manually importing bank and credit card transactions with CBP several times every month. Can anyone share with me their CBP experience vis-a-vis manual import vs auto bank feeds?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:35 am 

Hi,

I've stayed away from apps that import from my bank because I need to use specific categories for transactions and online banking just doesn't fit the bill for me. Plus I just like manually entering transactions as this seems to give me a greater sense of control over my data. I am also quite wary of online banking this way as information can more easily be stolen. When I go to reconcile my accounts, which I do three or four times a week, it only takes a few moments out of my day and I feel quite secure in what I've done. CBPro handles this all better than any other personal finance app I've tried [and I've tried them all, I think!].

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:19 am 

What prider said. I treat my CheckbookPro application like, well, a checkbook. I balance daily, mainly because I'm a tad dyslexic and switch numbers around when I write them. I'm also a poor typist. I've been using CBP since 2005 and it still does the job I want.