Splasm Software Discussions

a user community for the betterment of Splasmkind
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:29 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:51 pm 

When I use the drop down menu of categories, I can move up or down with the arrow keys, no problem. However, when I reach the one I want, my natural reaction is to tap the ENTER key, at the far right of the numberpad. (I have a full keyboard, not the short one!) This doesn't work. However, tapping the RETURN key, at the right end of the QWERTY keyboard, does. This entails a longer reach than I would prefer, since I'm pretty well set on the numberpad for the entries.

The ENTER key works fine, for finalizing each entry.

Could you map the ENTER key to work on the dropdown, as well as the RETURN key?

Thanks,
Mike

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:31 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

That's a good idea! We can certainly look into adding the ability to hit Enter for submitting a Category combo box selection.

http://www.splasm.com

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:01 pm 

Thanks! I'll look forward to it.

Another question: How do I remove items from the quick-fill lists? I don't find anywhere to open and edit them.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:36 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

The Categories list can be accessed and edited by choosing 'Preferences...' from the CheckBook menu and going into the Categories tab there (or choosing 'Edit All Accounts...' from the Account menu in the Pro version).

With the To/From items and Descriptions lists, it's the last 50 entered-in items that get maintained, by default. So, removal of any item is handled automatically with a no longer used item automatically disappearing after 50 new items have been input. To adjust the list storage options for an Account, choose 'Edit Account…' from the Account menu at the top of the screen and then hit the applicable button at the top of the Account options sheet that appears. You can even switch to a manually-managed list there.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:44 pm 

Allan, thanks.

I went to Edit Account... and found the list, but I couldn't find any way to see the names that were there. But I think I'm OK. I reduced the number of items saved from 50 to 10, so I should overwrite the one I don't want pretty quickly.

Thanks for your help. I've been using Quicken since it came on floppies. Your program is just fine for my needs, so far! I'll probably be back for more help when I need to generate reports, but that's for another day.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:14 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

That's great that you got it all figured out! Under the Account options, the only way to view an existing To/From items or Descriptions list would be to switch to using the 'The Following [...] Items' option. After that, you could import your existing list to that list area by using the swooping arrow button towards the bottom. Switching to fewer items being maintained in the lists was a good way to go instead, though.