Splasm Software Discussions

a user community for the betterment of Splasmkind
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:00 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:15 pm 

I'm a first user of CheckBook and I imported the QIF file into CheckBook. It contains all the transaction from 1999 to now. I cleared the resolved mark on all transactions. I'm trying to reconcile the February 2014 statement so I've put a check mark on CheckBook for the items on the statement but unresolved items remain.
Shoud I check all items resolved? Is there a way to check all? There are hundreds of items and checking each one is a tedious job.

What's the best way to adjust the CheckBook balance to agree with the bank statement?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:00 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

We're happy to have your support!

For Reconciling, it's not a problem if there's an Unresolved total hanging around because usually this just means that there are Entries that were input from a different period that will be dealt with in a future Reconciliation. In your case, since you're just starting out, it would be a good idea to Resolve everything up to what's on your February statement, though. For that, make sure you're in the Reconcile section, select the earliest Entry, and then scroll up to click on the last February item while holding down the Shift key—this selects the first-clicked item, the last-clicked item, and everything in-between. After those are all selected, hitting the Resolve button at the top of the window will swiftly do the trick.

Now, for any adjustment that needs to be made, that should probably take the form of a dummy Entry or be incorporated into the Starting Balance. In starting out with 1999 data, it's probably necessary for you to use an ending balance from 98 as the Starting Balance anyway, so try adding that to see if it just takes care of things without additional adjusting. To input a Starting Balance, choose 'Edit Account...' from the Account menu at the top of the screen.

http://www.splasm.com