Splasm Software Discussions

a user community for the betterment of Splasmkind
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:54 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 4:19 pm 

I recently had issues with my iMac and ended up purchasing a new mac. I have a Time Machine back up of all my data but am confused as to where my checkbook accounts are. I can't transfer all of my old data to my new machine as I'm going from a 1T HD to a 256GB flash drive.

Can someone help me find my files (which I didn't manually backup through Checkbook as I had Time Machine...... please tell me I'm okay.....)?

Thanks,
Valleen

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:07 pm 

valleen wrote:
I have a Time Machine back up of all my data but am confused as to where my checkbook accounts are.

You should be fine. CheckBook Pro stores its files in /Users/<user_name>/Library/Containers/com.splasm.checkbookpro2. You should be able to discover this path by right-clicking the label of the main CheckBook window (see attached screen shot). This should display a drop-down menu that shows the full directory path to CheckBook's data file. However, this data file is contained within a directory structure, so you would probably want to restore from Time Machine the entire directory structure rooted at the path above.

Attachments:
File Path.png
File Path.png [ 58.78 KiB | Viewed 14374 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:58 pm 

Thank you Art for the help but.... I don't seem to have a "container" file under my library in my TimeMachine backup, I also have a online (crash plan) backup that I haven't yet checked.

Very confused,
Valleen

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:28 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Hi Valleen,

The Containers folder that Art was talking about will only exist if your Mac is running Lion or later. Also, CheckBook Pro will only store information there if the application version number is 2.5 or later. So, perhaps you'll want to also check on your Mac at /Users/[your User name]/Library/Application Support/Splasm Software, Inc./—this is where older versions of CheckBook Pro store data by default on any OS or where any recent version stores data by default on a pre-Lion OS.

If that doesn't get you going again, let us know your Operating System and application version.

Good luck!

http://www.splasm.com