Splasm Software Discussions

a user community for the betterment of Splasmkind
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:18 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:11 am 

Attached are two screenshots of my CheckBook Pro installation (I HAVE tried deleting the application, and reinstalling it from the Mac App Store, to no avail).

As you can see, I am unable to add new entries to CheckBook Pro. This comes after migrating to a new MacBook Pro using the Migration Assistant that appears at initial startup of a new machine. I am also unable to add new entires to a recent backup of the same file as the one on iCloud. Please advice on how to remedy this condition. I AM able to create a NEW Accounts document on iCloud where new entires may be added, but that does nothing to save my data, because I am also presented with greyed-out options to import/ export (save for text).

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:24 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

With the All Accounts option selected, it's not possible to add new Entries—data Entry should be done within the individual Accounts. Try clicking on a single Account's name where it shows in the Accounts drawer. If you don't see the Accounts drawer on either side of the main window, hit the Accounts button in the top right corner to reopen it.

http://www.splasm.com

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:22 pm 

Nope. When I try to open the iCloud-hosted Accounts document, I get the pinwheel as soon as the password entry pane drops down.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:52 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Within the Document file you sent us the screenshot of, selecting an Account from the Accounts drawer should've gotten you back the grayed-out options you were seeing.

Now, though, where you're getting the spinning wheel after opening a completely different Document, you're dealing with an entirely different issue. On Mavericks, we've seen that Users can encounter hangs when opening different files using the Open menu (this is due to a change in how Open panels are handled by Apple on that newer OS), so perhaps try accessing the Open Recent submenu instead to bring up your iCloud document—so long as you've used your file recently, you'll see its name when you hover over Open Recent. Open Recent is under the File menu at the top of the screen, by the way.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:23 pm 

But...they aren't greyed out. They're gone. Right?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:53 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

In your very first message, you were concerned about grayed-out menu options and we can see those grayed-out items in the screenshot: 'New Debit' and 'New Deposit'. Please note that with All Accounts selected, the 'New Debit' and 'New Deposit' options will always be grayed-out. Also, the Debit and Deposit buttons will not be shown, if that's what you're now referring to. All of these ways of adding new Entry data are not available in All Accounts because new Entries should be added from within individual Accounts.

Just be sure to go through those steps of opening your correct Accounts document using the Open Recent option, get out of All Accounts (if you're in it, you'll see 'Accounts: All Accounts' at the top of the window, just like in your screenshot), and then you're good to go. Also, just so you know, an alternate way of selecting an individual Account is by going up to click on the Account menu, sliding down to hover over 'Go to Account', and then choosing the Account name there.