Splasm Software Discussions

a user community for the betterment of Splasmkind
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:22 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Mavericks?
PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:43 pm 

Has CheckBook Pro been tested on 10.9 Mavericks?

Post subject: Re: Mavericks?
PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:28 pm 

I upgraded to Mavericks, and I am now unable to add amounts to debits or credits.
I am running version 2.03. Tried upgrading to version 3 but key is not allowed.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:36 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

The latest version of CheckBook Pro, 2.5.3, has been tested extensively and works great on Mavericks. With a version 2.x license, that's a free upgrade.

In using 2.0.3 on Mavericks, there's sure to be issues. Specifically, the issue with Amounts not sticking actually cropped up as an OS incompatibility back when Mountain Lion came out, but that was fixed even before that OS's release with version 2.3.2. Perhaps make a Backup and then get that update from our site here: http://splasm.com/checkbookpro/update.html

http://www.splasm.com

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:06 pm 

Thanks, Allan.
I have Version 2.03, but the only serial number I have in my email archive was from version 1. Is it possible 1 to 2 was a free upgrade but not 2 to 2.3.2?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:30 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

We do only seem to have a record of your CheckBook version 1 purchase at our online store. If you're using 2.0.3 without continually getting asked for a serial number, you likely purchased a 2.x license (this cover you for any version beginning with a number 2) from the Mac App Store later on. In that case, you'll just want to log into the App Store and click the Updates button at the top of the window there to access the 2.5.3 update. Before that, though, choose 'Backup Accounts...' from the File menu in your current version to be opened in the new version later—with such an old version, your data's in a different default location from recent versions and so 2.5.3 won't automatically bring it up. To open the PLIST backup in 2.5.3, simply double-click it and you'll be taken through a format upgrade process.

That should get you going on Mavericks!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:39 pm 

I have regular Checkbook and I am also having the problem posting debits and credits. Can you please tell me what I can do to make this work again.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:38 am 
Administrator
Administrator

You just need to get updated too, mantzsl21. Any pre-2.3.2 version is not compatible with Mountain Lion or Mavericks. Here's the download link for the latest version of the basic CheckBook: http://splasm.com/checkbook/update.html

Or, if you have an App Store version, check out the Updates section there for version 2.5.4.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:49 pm 

I upgraded to mavericks and it seems to work fine. However, all my data is gone. Do you know where I may find the file to point to?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:35 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Here's what to do:

1. Make sure CheckBook isn't running.

2. Click the Finder icon in your Dock.

3. Go to the Go menu at the top of your screen and click the Go to Folder... menu item. A sheet will appear.

4. Go to the following folder (by pasting in the path and hitting Go), and be sure to include the leading squiggly tilde symbol (~):

~/Library/Application Support/CheckBook 2

Or, if nothing turns up there, try this alternate path:

~/Library/Containers/com.splasm.checkbook2/Data/Library/Application Support/Splasm Software, Inc./CheckBook 2

Or, if you’re on Pro (with the blue pen icon), try this:

~/Library/Containers/com.splasm.checkbookpro2/Data/Library/Application Support/Splasm Software, Inc./CheckBook 2

5. You'll end up inside a CheckBook 2 folder where an Accounts.plist file should reside—this Accounts.plist file should contain your data.

6. Launch CheckBook and open this Accounts file up by dragging it onto the icon in the Dock.

At this point, CheckBook will tell you it needs to update the data in the file. Click the Continue button and you'll be asked where to save the new Accounts document. Choose somewhere document-y, like, your Documents folder, and click the Create button. Your data should appear. A document should appear where you specified. You're in good shape.