Splasm Software Discussions

a user community for the betterment of Splasmkind
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:09 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:56 am 

Previously no problems, but suddenly from today, all new entries are not saved. I mean I add some entries, close CheckBook, re-open. The newly added entries are not there. Also, not saved to backup. I mean I added entries, performed a 'Backup', then closed CheckBook. Opened the backup file, the newly added entries are not there. I checked file permissions on both backup and primary files. My user has Read/Write permission.
Please help.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:26 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

We can definitely help out but we'll need to gather some additional information. Would you be willing to send us a couple of things via email support to support@splasm.com? If so, try to add something new in CheckBook like before and then, just after, here's what to get to us that'll be quite helpful:

1. A System Information report. You can create one by opening /Applications/Utilities/System Information.app (or System Profiler.app on an older OS), going to the File menu and clicking the Save... menu item. Save the report to your Desktop and attach it to the email.

2. Your system.log file, where the Mac and apps that misbehave log error—little clues for us. You can find this by clicking the Finder icon in your Dock, going to the Go menu at the top of your screen and using the Go to Folder... option to go to "/var/log" - without the quotes. The system.log file(s) will be in the window that appears. Both system.log and system.log.0.bz2 will cover it.

Once we have a look at that stuff, we should have a good chance of offering up a solution. Thanks!

http://www.splasm.com

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:25 am 

Thanks, requested info is on its way!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:49 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Just a followup for future viewers of this thread: we received the requested report/logs and quickly found that there was some file structure damage in tegelert's Accounts document. After a restore using an automatic Backup from before the damage showed up, everything's back to normal with new data saving as it should.

http://www.splasm.com