Splasm Software Discussions

a user community for the betterment of Splasmkind
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:14 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:47 pm 

When opening CB Pro, the new square with "create new account" - "Open an account" and "Get Help" prevents me from opening Checkbook Pro. When I click on any line, even the word QUIT, it will shut down the CBP app. I cannot get to my list of accounts. Can this opening square be deleted since it appears to be nothing but a nuisance? Has this happened to anyone else? Of course it has to happen when the boys in Birmingham are off. (Friday night).

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:45 pm 

Short answer: no. Elsewhere in the forum this is explained. Looks like you might have to wait 'til the Boys are back in Town!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 6:50 am 

I must be misunderstanding the question. I keep the app in the dock. If I click the icon in the dock (or in the Applications folder), it opens the last used account immediately and I can see all my accounts in the side drawer. The splash screen doesn't appear for me until I close, or not at all if I quit when I'm done..

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:50 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

It seems like you're saying that selecting any option from the Launch window is causing the application to crash. If that's the case, we'll need to gather some more information. So, get the issue to occur again, then just after produce a System Info/System Profiler report and email it to us at support@splasm.com. To generate the report, choose 'About this Mac' from the Apple menu at the top of the screen, hit 'More Info...' on the About window, click the System Report button, and then use the Save option under the File menu.

http://www.splasm.com

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:36 pm 

Let me try this again: keep in mind, only when the proverbial "square" shows, CB Pro bombs out. No, clicking on the icon in the Dock, or Apps listing helps nothing. Just, again turned on CBP for the first time today and the "Square" showed up. At that time, ALL options under the ACCOUNT heading are greyed out, except the 'go to accounts'. Clicking on its arrow does nothing since there are no accounts visible. The only way I could get to my accounts was by clicking on my back-up "accounts.cbaccounts". Keep in mind that it only happens occasionally, and only when the "square" shows up. The rest of the time everything works normally.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:56 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

In saying that CheckBook Pro "bombs out" does that mean that the application is crashing at any point or just that those menu options aren't available?

If the latter is the case, that's normal. The "square" you're referring to is the newly added Launch window that's used for accessing other files or creating a new one since the latest version let's you manage any number of different data files. Basically, the Account-related menu options aren't usable while the Launch window's up because no Accounts are open at that time. Moving forward, you should know that the Launch window will only ever show if the main window was simply closed so anytime you see it, just click the downward pointing arrow next to the 'Open an Accounts Document' option to access a recently used file, or Quit and relaunch the application to bring up what was last used.

http://www.splasm.com

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:47 pm 

Thanks, Alan, I will do that and let you know if anything changes.