Splasm Software Discussions

a user community for the betterment of Splasmkind
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:15 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:49 am 

I entered a new account with a $0 balance for one of my credit cards. I entered 3 debits totaling $215.81. I then hit the reconcile button at the bottom of the screen to reconcile this account. At this time, my account balance was $215.81. I entered the statement balance of $215.81 and proceeded to check off the 3 debits I entered. My statement balance and resolved balance now equal $215.81. My account balance and account resolved balance equal $215.81. My account unresolved equals $0. However, the unreconciled now equals $431.62 and the reconciled button is not highlighted. What am I doing wrong? Thanks for your help!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:05 am 

In the reconcile view, your statement balance [what you owe on your credit card] must be entered as "-$215.81". Entering it without the "minus" sign indicates that your balance is in the black not in the red. That is why your reconciled balanced is doubled and you cannot reconcile.

Good luck

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:44 am 

Thank You! Another question: I transferred balances from my Quicken account for my checkbook. I haven't attempted to reconcile that account in Checkbook Pro. When I go to reconcile that account, my statement from my bank will be a positive amount, so I would enter a positive number in balance statement, correct? Also, all the past reconcile amounts are not locked. Is there a way to lock them?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:32 am 

Yes. Positive balances are entered as a regular number [no modifier needed] in the "Statement Balance" field. Only negative balances would need the "-" sign prefixed to them.

After a reconcile [clicking the checkbox on resolved transactions], you click the "Reconcile" button on the lower right. If there is a correct reconciliation, this button should be highlighted [it is dimmed, normally]. This will lock your reconciled entries.

Good Luck!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:37 pm 

I'm unable to reconcile because the "reconcile" button in reconcile "view" is grayed/dimmed. I've "reset" unreconciled entries but the "reconcile" button remains grayed/dimmed. My "account balance" and "unresolved" are the same value, the "resolved balance" is 0.00, and these values are the same for both the account column and the statement column. I'm stumped. Ideas, suggestions? What am I doing wrong?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:18 pm 

What does your "Resolved Balance" look like? Reconciliation is between Statement Balance and Resolved balance. When those are the same [after you've checked your account against your bank statement] the Unreconciled total should be $0.00 and the Reconcile button should be "lit" so that you can click and marked your resolved transactions as cleared.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:53 pm 

Here's what I see:
Account Balance: 2254.95 Statement Balance: 2254.95
Resolved Balance: 0.00 Resolved Balance: 0.00
Unresolved: 2254.95 Unreconciled: 2254.95

I'm wanting to reconcile this but the "Reconcile" button is grayed out and unavailable. I've "Reset Unreconciled Entries" so all of the check boxes for each item is unchecked. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, but it's obvious I'm fouling things up somehow. Short of starting over from scratch I'm not sure how to proceed.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:01 pm 

Ah.

When you reset your entries CBP thinks you have not reconciled your checkbook with your account statement. You will need to do that and check off each transaction that appears in your account statement. When you reconcile, you will need to enter the balance of your last statement in "Statement Balance." You then go through your statement from the bank and tick off [the column with the checkbox] each matching transaction in CBPro. When you've gone through all transactions, ticking off those that match your bank statement, then you will be able to hit the Reconcile button, as long as your Unreconciled box is $0.00. This will mark all ticked transactions as cleared.

Good luck!