Splasm Software Discussions

a user community for the betterment of Splasmkind
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:41 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:42 pm 

Today I went to reconcile a bank account in CheckBook 2.5.1, and it suddenly won't work.

I did the reconciling, but when it came time to quit, I got an error message saying CheckBook crashed and a report would be sent to Apple. There was a button to "Reopen," so I did that and found nothing had been saved. So I did the process again, and the same thing happened.

So now it's crashed and NOT saved changes three times in a row. Also, when it does reopen, the screens have all sorts of new columns that were not there before. I tried just deleting and arranging the columns the way I want it, and tried to quit, but again it crashed, and no changes were saved. All the unwanted columns reappeared.

So essentially, CheckBook 2.5.1 has just quit working for me. I've used CB for five years. What's going on? I'm using version 2.5.1 on a Mac running 10.6.8. The "Get Info" box says 2.5.1 was added five days ago, and this is the first time I've tried to reconcile an account.

Update: Well, it's so buggy now that the program will open, but once I make any change, even entering a word or checking a box, the whole thing crashes and the above message again gets sent to Apple.

Any advice will be welcome, because right now I'm out of business.

NOTE: In the original post, I said I'm using Checkbook Pro, but it's not – it's CheckBook 2.5.1. Sorry for the mistake.

Last edited by westexas on Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:06 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

We just sent out a response where you contacted us via support email. Basically, there appears to have been some damage to the current Accounts document and so we sent instructions for how to proceed and what we'll need in order to figure out exactly happened with the file.

Anyway, keep an eye out for that and get right back to us! We'll get this taken care of right away!

http://www.splasm.com