Splasm Software Discussions

a user community for the betterment of Splasmkind
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:29 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:47 am 

16 days after release? Is this answer by the staff satisfactory? "… I'm locking this topic for now because the question has been answered. Stay tuned, the update will reach the Mac App Store!". Question answered? How? :shock:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:33 am 

One of the reasons I do not use the MAS: they are notoriously slow in approving/posting updates. I use a number of apps that I purchased prior to the the advent of the MAS and those apps almost always update well before the MAS equivalent.

When using the MAS, patience is essential, I'm afraid!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:10 am 

1 version (2.5) and 1 update (2.5.1)? No way, @prider. I have bought many apps on Apple Store, and usually the updates come in perfect synk, with at maximum a couple days delay. The problem here is probably that the software was released too early, non checked as it should have been. Otherwise, why an update in just a few days? And how many more to come?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:34 am 

Sorry, not my experience. Splasm folks have a great record IMO in releasing solid upgrades and doing a lot of testing before that. The minor change to 2.5.1 was an anomaly. I suggest you take this up with Apple.

Moving on. :|

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:26 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Mario,

Mac App Store updates can take weeks. There was even a time earlier this year when the average wait was 4 weeks. Developers have the option of waiting for an update to be approved and choosing when to release it to the public, instead of letting Apple publish the update automatically as soon as it's approved. If a developer chooses that path, and waits to publish the update on their own store until the Mac App Store update is approved, that can give the appearance that the update took very little time to be approved on the Mac App Store.

In our case, we're experiencing a delay in the process related to our iCloud support. I apologize that it's taking longer than we'd like, but please understand we're doing everything we can to get these updates on the Mac App Store as soon as possible. When we know more we will let everyone know.

Thanks for keeping in touch!

https://www.splasm.com

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:48 am 

keithg wrote:
Developers have the option of waiting for an update to be approved and choosing when to release it to the public, instead of letting Apple publish the update automatically as soon as it's approved. If a developer chooses that path, and waits to publish the update on their own store until the Mac App Store update is approved, that can give the appearance that the update took very little time to be approved on the Mac App Store.

It is not appearance, it is behaving fairly, in order to satisfy all the registered users. And you did not publish your update only on your store, but you presented it also on MacUpdate, CNet and possibly other services. I repeat, I have bought many apps on the Apple Store, and this is the first time I experience such a delay. I will surely survive, but I do not like this way of acting, that's all

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:40 am 

Always waiting, after 3 weeks. Really nasty this Apple Store. And expecially these stupid paying people who pay to buy on Apple Store. They do not deserve any respect… :shock: :? 8)