Splasm Software Discussions

a user community for the betterment of Splasmkind
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:32 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:10 am 

As a Mac user, I am a big fan of keyboard shortcuts. Cmd + for a deposit, cmd - for a debit, cmd delete to remove an entry, etc. are all great. With this functionality, it seems logical to have the ability to hide the toolbar. I like to tile my CheckBookPro and web browser horizontally to make it much easier to reconcile and add missed entries, but there is a lot of valuable real estate lost with that abnormally large toolbar up there. Another waste of real estate is the blue bar at the bottom of the register where the account balance is displayed. A great place for the balance would be in the bottom right corner, in line with the "entry", "reconcile", "schedule", & "summary buttons. These changes, along with the use of a small font could allow the user to potentially display another six register entries or so, or the user could reduce the overall size of the window, making more of the web browser behind it visible. Everyone loves having two 27" monitors side by side, but the reality is that more and more consumers are deciding to use laptop computers (myself included). We must recognize that real estate on our screens is valuable and limited, and I strongly believe that these two changes would greatly improve the look, feel, and even functionality of your already streamlined program.

Thanks!
Marc Leonti

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:10 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Those are all great ideas. We can certainly look into adding your suggestions to a future release if there's enough demand for it. We track those kinds of things on our feature request list, so I'll add the request for hiding the toolbar and relocating the interactive Balance to that list right away. Thanks!

http://www.splasm.com

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:34 pm 

Sounds great. Thanks!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:34 pm 

Allan W. wrote:
Those are all great ideas. We can certainly look into adding your suggestions to a future release if there's enough demand for it. We track those kinds of things on our feature request list, so I'll add the request for hiding the toolbar and relocating the interactive Balance to that list right away. Thanks!

There's going to be a future release?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:00 am 

Also, if the balance cannot be moved inline with the "entry, reconcile, schedule, summary" buttons, then users should also have the ability to also hide this toolbar, since we all know we can use cmd-1, cmd-2, cmd-3, cmd-4 as alternates to clicking these buttons.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:54 am 
Administrator
Administrator

@dparri526: By future release, I was more referring to an update released later on that could include the requested features. We do have several updates (which will be free for current users) planned for the application in the near future with certain, heavily requested features surely getting added. Our next update, version 2.5, will include some exciting, new syncing capabilities—look for that in the coming weeks.

@marcleonti: The idea for hiding the bottom bar is another great idea that falls in line with your other requests. We can look into adding that too. Something worth looking into for now, though, would be one of the free applications out there that allow you to anchor a window above another, despite it not being the currently selected one. Basically, with this always-on-top window functionality, it would be possible for you to cover up more of the CheckBook Pro window with the web browser even while working in the application.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:46 am 

Allan W. wrote:

Wow... apparently there isn't enough demand for the iOS version... since it’s STILL not here... *sigh*

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:48 am 

Allan W. wrote:
@dparri526: By future release, I was more referring to an update released later on that could include the requested features. We do have several updates (which will be free for current users) planned for the application in the near future with certain, heavily requested features surely getting added. Our next update, version 2.5, will include some exciting, new syncing capabilities—look for that in the coming weeks.

Hmmm, where have I heard that before? It sound so familiar...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:17 am 

Allan W. wrote:
Something worth looking into for now, though, would be one of the free applications out there that allow you to anchor a window above another, despite it not being the currently selected one. Basically, with this always-on-top window functionality, it would be possible for you to cover up more of the CheckBook Pro window with the web browser even while working in the application.

Great idea. Thanks!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:18 am 

Has this topic been revisited? The toolbar is kinda big, and the ability to hide it would be awesome.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:58 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Your idea to add an option for hiding the toolbar is still holding strong on our feature request list. There are lots of other requests that have received many more votes, though. If more users rally for the feature, it'll be moved up the list.