Splasm Software Discussions

a user community for the betterment of Splasmkind
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:04 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:20 pm 

In my checkbook account the balance displayed in the footer of the window is incorrect. It is correct in the running balance column as of the most recent transaction. The difference between the two numbers is the amount of a transaction that was reconciled on my most recent statement. There is no duplicate transaction, but I think I did add that transaction twice inadvertently and deleted the duplicate before reconciling. Is there any way to make the program recalculate the total so the correct amount is showing in both places? Thanks.

Post subject: Re: Balance is wrong
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:57 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Your CheckBook balance should update immediately after an Entry is removed for both the Running Balance in the Balance column and interactive Balance at the bottom. First, verify that your Entries are sorted by Date since this is the only situation wherein the Running Balance will show the actual account Balance at either the top or bottom of your list of Entries. To sort by date, click on the Date column header. To flip flop from ascending to descending chronological order or vice versa, click again.

If that doesn't help, perhaps you could send us a screenshot of your Entry section to support@splasm.com and we'll see if we can spot some discrepancy. To take a screenshot, hold down the Command and Shift keys on the keyboard with one hand and hit the number 3 key with the other. You'll hear a camera shutter sound and an image file will save to the Desktop. Attach that image file to the email.

Thanks!

http://www.splasm.com

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:09 am 

Thanks Allan. I just sent you the screenshot.

Cliff

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:21 pm 

Just to offer some closure, Allan guided me to the solution. I had an extra transaction that had a future date, which affected the 'bottom line' balance, but it wasn't included in the running balance of the transaction list because the list was filtered to show only transactions in the current month.